Question about Pay Pal payment to Stowa

Thread: Question about Pay Pal payment to Stowa

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Member Robert999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NYC/coast of baltic sea
    Posts
    3,072

    Question about Pay Pal payment to Stowa

    I'd like to purchase Stowa Seatime watch using the Pay Pal, but since I'm located in US and using dollars how do I convert them to euros??
    Your help would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    154

    Re: Question about Pay Pal payment to Stowa

    Good question, I'm curious too. I've also been looking at the Seatime and PD.

  3. #3
    Member orangehole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    363

    Re: Question about Pay Pal payment to Stowa

    If you send paypal payment, it will automatically convert the payment from Dollars to Euro. The current rate according to www.XE.com is $1.2636 is equal to 1 Euro. Paypal usually gives crappy exchange rates but it will probably be about 1.27 or 1.28. It's rather easy to send payment via paypal. I just wish the US dollar was stronger.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    212

    Re: Question about Pay Pal payment to Stowa

    when you type in the money amount you are sending, there is a drop down box with numerous different currency selections, one of them being EUR.

  6. #5
    Member bleddrewsoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Boston Area
    Posts
    1,319

    Re: Question about Pay Pal payment to Stowa

    Quote Originally Posted by orangehole
    If you send paypal payment, it will automatically convert the payment from Dollars to Euro. The current rate according to www.XE.com is $1.2636 is equal to 1 Euro. Paypal usually gives crappy exchange rates but it will probably be about 1.27 or 1.28. It's rather easy to send payment via paypal. I just wish the US dollar was stronger.
    Yes, Paypal really does hose you on the exchange rate...I remember the last time I sent a Euro payment with them it was something like 4 cents over the published rates. Very little competition for them in this area so it basically lets them charge what they want....

    It does all the work for you though..really easy to send the payment as stated in the other posts.

  7. #6
    Member JCKoLnturn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    641

    Off topic Re: Question about Pay Pal payment to Stowa

    Slightly off-topic but here we go. I am in the U.S. and when I ordered my watch from Stowa I paid the VAT anyway. In exchange Stowa handled all the customs nonsense for me and my Seatime arrived within a couple of days. My question is this: If I were to handle the import customs myself, what does that entail and how much does it cost?

  8. #7
    Member JBernstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    341

    Re: Question about Pay Pal payment to Stowa

    I'm not sure if this will help you but when I bought my Doxa back in March of '05 I got a bill from FedEx for import duties. It was ~3% of the purchase price of the watch. I paid $1279.00USD for the watch and ~ $40.00USD in duty. I should add that the bill for import duty arrived about a month AFTER the watch, and I did not have to pay the FedEx guy when he delivered the watch. There was no VAT and no tax, just the import tariff. Does that help in any way?

    Jeremy
    Proud owner of:

    Doxa SUB 600T Dirk Pitt 1029/3000
    Doxa SUB750T Caribbean 32/250 (Thanks Steve)
    Doxa SUB 300T Seahunter 909/1000 (Thanks Daniel)
    Doxa Deco
    Doxa SUB 750T Searambler 149/3000
    Doxa SUB 750T Caribbean GMT 232/1000
    Doxa SUB 5000T Seaconqueror Professional 76/5000 (Thanks Nick)
    Doxa SUB 1200T Professional NUMA 22/50

    Gone, but not forgotten:
    Doxa SUB 600T-Graph Sharkhunter 20/250 (Enjoy Bill)
    Doxa SUB 5000T Seaconqueror Sharkhunter 75/5000 (Enjoy Nick)

  9. #8
    Member XTrooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Retired and living in the mountains of Northeast Pennsylvania
    Posts
    11,690

    Re: Question about Pay Pal payment to Stowa

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert999
    I'd like to purchase Stowa Seatime watch using the Pay Pal, but since I'm located in US and using dollars how do I convert them to euros??
    Your help would be appreciated.
    When you're making payment, just change the currency from dollars to euros. There's a drop-down menu on the PayPal payment page. US dollars are the default, but euros and British pounds are also available (maybe others too, I forget). B-)
    Steve

    My favorite diver? Jessica Alba, of course!

  10. #9
    Member JCKoLnturn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    641

    Re: Question about Pay Pal payment to Stowa

    Quote Originally Posted by JBernstein
    I'm not sure if this will help you but when I bought my Doxa back in March of '05 I got a bill from FedEx for import duties. It was ~3% of the purchase price of the watch. I paid $1279.00USD for the watch and ~ $40.00USD in duty. I should add that the bill for import duty arrived about a month AFTER the watch, and I did not have to pay the FedEx guy when he delivered the watch. There was no VAT and no tax, just the import tariff. Does that help in any way?

    Jeremy
    Yeah that helps, Thanks. I probably should of went that route but I was so excited to get my watch it just seemed easier the way I did it.

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    212

    Re: Question about Pay Pal payment to Stowa

    My Prodive just got delivered at my office (I am at a client site). I ordered it without VAT. So, we'll see if I get a bill later for taxes or whatever. Can't wait to go pick it up. 1 1/2 hours to go...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Stowa Airman Review completed (read here)
      By stuffler,mike in forum Jörg Schauer & STOWA
      Replies: 32
      Last Post: February 23rd, 2013, 13:33
    2. (Re-post:) Stowa Antea vs. Nomos Tangente>>
      By stuffler,mike in forum German watches
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: February 21st, 2011, 03:14
    3. Stowa Antea LE vs. Nomos Tangente Kleinstkredit
      By stuffler,mike in forum Reviews
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: July 26th, 2008, 11:22
    4. Stowa Flieger ETA 2801 - A review
      By stuffler,mike in forum Reviews
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: July 9th, 2006, 08:32
    5. Stowa Seatime Review (you may already know)
      By stuffler,mike in forum Reviews
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: February 11th, 2006, 17:40

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •