Question about purchase -- when are you charged (exchange rates)?

Thread: Question about purchase -- when are you charged (exchange rates)?

Question about purchase -- when are you charged (exchange rates)?

I would like to buy the Marine Automatic -- cost 500 EUR.

I live in the United States and obviously 500 EUR has varying costs in USD. I missed my chance a few months ago when it would have been ~$570 USD. Now, it is closer to $700 USD.

Question: when is my credit card charged? Upon purchase, or shipment? The former allows us to lock-in our rate, but it might force me to keep waiting...

Re: Question about purchase -- when are you charged (exchange rates)?

i think upon shipment....

Hi Blank,

Currently, the website shows the Marine Automatic is EUR 439.00, which is approximately 600 USD.

I've always paid immediately via PayPal to lock in the price and get it over with. Since there is no crystal ball to tell you if the exchange rate is going to go up or down, waiting for Stowa to ask you to pay after you order, or just prior to shipping, you are subject to the same random changes in the exchange rate up or down. Waiting to order, then paying immediately only gives you direct control over your purchase price at the current exchange rate. I am pretty sure that once you agree by the terms and conditions of at the end of the order process, that is the price you'll pay, unless Stowa has another policy similar to a lay-away plan.

The value of this watch exceeds its price, so it's really up to you...Just make sure to post images of it once it's on your wrist so we can enjoy it with you!

Glen
    Last edited by inlanding; January 3rd, 2009 at 10:17.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by inlanding View Post
    Hi Blank,

Currently, the website shows the Marine Automatic is EUR 439.00, which is approximately 600 USD.

I've always paid immediately via PayPal to lock in the price and get it over with. Since there is no crystal ball to tell you if the exchange rate is going to go up or down, waiting for Stowa to ask you to pay after you order, or just prior to shipping, you are subject to the same random changes in the exchange rate up or down. Waiting to order, then paying immediately only gives you direct control over your purchase price at the current exchange rate. I am pretty sure that once you agree by the terms and conditions of at the end of the order process, that is the price you'll pay, unless Stowa has another policy similar to a lay-away plan.

The value of this watch exceeds its price, so it's really up to you...Just make sure to post images of it once it's on your wrist so we can enjoy it with you!

Glen
    So odd -- I had this URL bookmarked and it had a more expensive price (http://stowa.de/shop/cgi-bin/lshop.c...howrub--marine).

But your URL is indeed correct, it is active from the Stowa website.

I think I might order soon. Very exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by blank View Post
    So odd -- I had this URL bookmarked and it had a more expensive price (http://stowa.de/shop/cgi-bin/lshop.c...howrub--marine).
    You have to make sure you're using the correct site: One site is for European Union customers where prices have VAT added. For export, prices are minus the tax.
    Casio: PAW1300-1V
    Nomos: Tangomat (Zeta), Tetra Large (Alpha)
    Rolex: Air King (ca. 1982), Cellini (c.a. 1980)
    Seiko: SNM009 White Samurai, SKX781 Orange Monster, SBDC003 Blue Sumo, SBDC005 Orange Sumo,SNKF07 "BFS", SKX007, 6306 - 7001, 6105 - 8119, 6309 - 7040, SBDX001 Marine Master 300,KS 5625-7040 Hi-Beat Chronometer, SPB015J1 Double Retrograde
    Stowa: Marine Original (Serial), Fleiger Original (Serial)
    Tutima: F2 PR

Glad you got it sorted out as this is the link for US orders. The other links have no option for orders originating from the US.

http://www.german-watches.com/cgi-bin/lshop.cgi

Look forward to seeing some of your images, or we won't believe you!

Glen

Thread Information