Quick question about a used watch

Thread: Quick question about a used watch

Quick question about a used watch

I'm really close to buying this watch. It's used, but from what I can tell, it's very new. Anything I should look out for? He says it keeps time to +9 seconds/day. Is that typical? It's a manual wind mechanism rather than automatic. Any feedback about the watch would be very much appreciated.

Re: Quick question about a used watch

See here

Quote Originally Posted by torifile View Post
    I'm really close to buying this watch. It's used, but from what I can tell, it's very new. Anything I should look out for? He says it keeps time to +9 seconds/day. Is that typical? It's a manual wind mechanism rather than automatic. Any feedback about the watch would be very much appreciated.
    Tom Traubert gave you the relevant link, so that gives you the info. The only you miss out on with this edition are Stowa's much appreciated blued hands. They are part of what makes a true Stowa flieger to many, so that may put some off this watch. Other than that, good watch. +9 is a bit fast, but it's a fairly new watch, so that could well settle down some.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I think I'm going to hold off on it. I really want the display back and this one is solid backed. I also didn't realize that this no logo flieger was offered for less than the current no logo version which makes it less of a deal than I thought. Thanks for the link, Tom. :)

Hi Tom,

here is another chance to get such a watch:

Stowa Flieger 2801 "Made in Germany" bei eBay.de: Stowa (endet 04.08.11 19:39:25 MESZ)

I don't know the seller nor am I the seller myself. But I noticed an auction two weeks ago that finished with about 460,- €,

Volker

My new Flieger runs about 11 seconds a day fast..if that's any help.

Steve

Thread Information