Regulate the MO

Thread: Regulate the MO

Regulate the MO

My Marine Original has always run fast. I was hoping it would settle in but it runs about 90 seconds fast a day. Can it be adjusted to get better accuracy or do I have to live with it the way it is? I do love the watch though.

Re: Regulate the MO

You should have it regulated by a responsible watchmaker or send it back to Stowa for regulation. Some of the MO watches run with astonishing precision and accuracy. +90 is way out of specification for the well-crafted movement that drives the MO.

Glen

How long have you had the watch? Mine took a couple of months to get the kind of accuracy it now gives me. Having said that, while it always ran fast (see FAQ on this forum for discussion on this issue) it never ran +90 sec./day. These movements are capable of great accuracy. Agree with Inlanding that you should take it to a competent watchmaker for adjustment in the event you don't wish to return it to Stowa.
    Casio: PAW1300-1V
    Nomos: Tangomat (Zeta), Tetra Large (Alpha)
    Rolex: Air King (ca. 1982), Cellini (c.a. 1980)
    Seiko: SNM009 White Samurai, SKX781 Orange Monster, SBDC003 Blue Sumo, SBDC005 Orange Sumo,SNKF07 "BFS", SKX007, 6306 - 7001, 6105 - 8119, 6309 - 7040, SBDX001 Marine Master 300,KS 5625-7040 Hi-Beat Chronometer, SPB015J1 Double Retrograde
    Stowa: Marine Original (Serial), Fleiger Original (Serial)
    Tutima: F2 PR

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by redbike View Post
    How long have you had the watch? Mine took a couple of months to get the kind of accuracy it now gives me. Having said that, while it always ran fast (see FAQ on this forum for discussion on this issue) it never ran +90 sec./day. These movements are capable of great accuracy. Agree with Inlanding that you should take it to a competent watchmaker for adjustment in the event you don't wish to return it to Stowa.
    I will take it to a reputable watchsmith. I have had the watch a little over a year and a half.

Unhappy Re: Regulate the MO

I got my MO back from the watchsmith. It had a broken hair spring. I am going to see how well it keeps time now and will let you know. I have the bracelet on it and it looks great.

My MO is now keeping fantastic time. About 6 seconds in a week slow. I am loving it with the bracelet. I knew this watch was capable of keeping great time.

Congratulations! Your perseverance has paid off and now you can enjoy an accurate and beautiful watch

Thread Information