Reporting from Rindge, New Hampshire: 55 years old today

Thread: Reporting from Rindge, New Hampshire: 55 years old today

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reporting from Rindge, New Hampshire: 55 years old today

Well, I turned 55 today and find myself reflecting about my life. I will keep it mostly watch related but I feel extremely lucky to basically still have my physical health at this point. I have been blessed with a 19 year old daughter and 21 year old son who are good people and that is my greatest achievement. I raised my children from the time their mother left when they were four and two years old. They are what I leave in this world. Well, now onto watches. Lets talk about the beginning, the middle and where I am now. My dad gave me a Seiko automatic for my hs graduation present but I really got the watch bug when I found an issue of International Watch on the newsstand many years later. Not in necessarily the exact order(remember I am 55) but I have owned and no longer own a Tissot Ballard, an Oris with gold ring, an IWC Portuguese Automatic, an Omega rose gold and steel divers chronograph, three Omega Seamasters at different times, two Omega planet oceans, a Ulyse Nardin marine watch, a Ulyse Nardin Perpetual limited, a Ulyse Nardin blue max divers watch, a Dornblueth 99.0, Dornblueth 99.2, Rolex Red Submariner, Rolex Double Red Sea Dweller, Rolex GMT 1675, Rolex Green Sub, Rolex Sea Dweller 1665 white, Rolex Sea Dweller 16600, Rolex transitional Sea Dweller 16660, Rolex GMT Master II Ceramic in steel and then the TT version, a Sinn U2, a Chromoswiss original regulateur with unitas movement, a Chronoswiss Delphis solid gold, A Chronoswiss lunar chronograph in gold and steel, a A. Lange & Sohne Lange 1 rose gold, a Glashutte Original Panograph in steel, and that might be about it.

It always seemed that I was in the hunt for something that would please me more instead of just focusing on the collection that I did have. One thing that ran through that whole group of watches was that I found myself drawn to German watches. I think there is something in the dials and cases and feel of the german watches that has always drawn me in. My current collection consists of one watch at this point. It is the Stowa Pro Diver which gives me much pleasure. The dial is clean and the layout of it is wonderful. The casework by Jorg Schauer is second to none. I think that the Stowa watches offfer much and I try now to focus on what I have vs what I could own. I see myself getting a Stowa Airman next year and want to make sure that my collection is small enough that I can wear and enjoy each of my watches. Anyway, these are just some of my thoughts on this day in December of 2008. Have a good sunday. I appoologize for any typos but wanted to get my thoughts out. stephen
    https://www.instagram.com/whichwatchsk/

stuffler,mike

Happy Birthday from London>>>

Re: Reporting from Rindge, New Hampshire: 55 years old today

Happy Birthday!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Happy 55 Years!

or approximately...

Months

Weeks

Days

Hours

Minutes

Seconds

and many more :)

very nice watch history! Enjoy your ProDiver in good health!

(it happens to be at the top of my wish-list right now :)

Happy birthday!!

.....and have fun in the next five years.
    I had and I'm trying to have more fun for the following five years till becoming 65.

Volker

Happy b-day, the double nickle! And congrats on raising your kids! I have a 17 yr. old son, children are the best! have a great 2009.
    ps get the airman it's one of the best watches I have.
    regards, Dr. Robert

Happy Birthday! I'm 31 years younger and basically don't know nothing about anything but that's a great life story

Quote Originally Posted by watchsk View Post
    want to make sure that my collection is small enough that I can wear and enjoy each of my watches.
    That's a good point. Respect
    • Limes Klassik Vintage 1924
    • Temption CM03
    • Aviator 3105
    • Stowa Antea Creme
    • Citizen 8110 'Bullhead'
    • Rolex Datejust
    • Braun BN10

Happy birthday Stephen!

Some of your watches owned in the past are definitely on my "very likely to buy someday in the future list". Above all the Dornblüth, the Chronoswiss and the Glashütte. I agree with you on two very important subjects - kids and german watches. Both are beautiful and among the best company a lucky man can have.

Keep that collection small! I like you have come to the conclusion that wearing your watches frequently is part of the enjoyment.

Kind regards

Pierre

And many more happy returns!!!

I just turned 54 and it freaks me out a bit to read your post as if most of your life is behind you. I wish you many more exciting and fulfilling years ahead!! (And some more great WIS moments...!)

55 is not too old to be still kicking serious butt!!

Regards,
    Dan in Sydney (54 going on 29! )

Picture Re: Reporting from Rindge, New Hampshire: 55 years old today

Happy Birthday, Stephen! I've been unable to resist obtaining and wearing only one watch, so good on you for having much better discipline than I could muster...

A few Birthday images of the Stowa rotation for you...

Glen

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information