Rubber strap on Flieger

Thread: Rubber strap on Flieger

Rubber strap on Flieger

Stowa has a 20mm rubber strap on its site. Has anyone put one of these on a Flieger?

I know that rubber is not a traditional look, and I much prefer leather generally; leather can also become very uncomfortable in the summer, however, and a rubber strap might be an interesting alternative to a Nato.

If anyone has any pictures, I would be grateful for their sharing them.
    Last edited by canard; March 12th, 2011 at 21:23. Reason: typo

Re: Rubber strap on Flieger

I also want to see some pictures of Stowa Flieger on rubber as well. I am sure the Flieger looks good with rubber, but leather strap is always a better option for it.

Meanwhile I have found a tiny picture showing a Stowa Flieger with logo wearing rubber. The picture is no longer available in bigger size. Also the second picture I attached show a Sinn 356 Flieger wearing a rubber strap in similar style as the one being sold on Stowa website. This could be a good reference point. The Sinn and the picture are owned by WUS member: hydrocarbon
    Attached Images Attached Images

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

This rubber strap is too thick for a Flieger, usually unsed for the Seatime.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Mike,

Thanks—that is useful information.

Since you have actually seen all of these straps, may I ask one more question? I currently have my Flieger on the old-style strap, and the leather on it is quite thick—especially where it is doubled over around the spring bars. Is the Stowa rubber strap thicker? If so, I think it would be too much for the watch.

Also, thanks senna89 for the leads. I looked up the thread on this forum with the picture of the Flieger on the rubber strap: it is a Hadley Roma, and the price is certainly good—under $18. The one on the Sinn looks very promising too, however, and I will try to find out more about it. If anything new turns up I will post it to the forum.

Leather is the best, but sometimes in the summer a comfortable second-best is good enough for me.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by canard View Post
    Since you have actually seen all of these straps, may I ask one more question? I currently have my Flieger on the old-style strap, and the leather on it is quite thick—especially where it is doubled over around the spring bars. Is the Stowa rubber strap thicker? If so, I think it would be too much for the watch.
    The Seatime rubber is about 3,5-4mm thick. Can't compare with a Stowa Original Flieger bit with the Laco. The Seatime rubber looks to be a tad thicker. The clasp will not fit with a Flieger imho.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Mike,

Thanks for the additional information.

The search begins . . .

Thread Information