Schauer Perpetual Calendar

Thread: Schauer Perpetual Calendar

Schauer Perpetual Calendar

Jörg,
    Like many of your customers, I have become, somehow addicted to your craftsmanship.

When your Schauer Toubillion came on the market a couple of years ago, I looked at it everyday, dreaming. But I was struggling with my last business at the time and couldn't pony up the 20 large(ended up working out sweet, hence the Piccadilly and Prodiver). I can say with confidence, that your work rivals (and in may cases exceeds) other "haute" brands. So what about some higher complications for people like me who have who have come to cherish (and mark the most important times in their lives with your watches), but find their taste and finances heading North. Also I already own too many chronographs, although you can bet I went to Colin looking for the sweet #14 despite its redundancy in my collection.

That said, my dream Schauer has not yet been created - a perpetual calendar with moonphase (due primarily to biz superstition- the moon not the date)with a Benzinger twist .

I like the integrity of your operation(having been there firsthand) , and also as a marketing professional see through a lot of the hoopla of other brands, hense the unfalible intergrity.

I know the sources are the same for a majority of brands - Claret, BMB etc. And I know you call a spade a spade.

In a way it almost feels like cheating on you, building a relationship with Peter Speak-Marin, although his work is SWEET, my long term goal is for my children's children to wear your #1s.

I am in no rush - in fact I really enjoy long term goals - so even if it takes 5 years, I am willing to wait, because the end result could not disappoint if it bears your name.
    Time is the most valuable thing you have.

www.mediaknievel.com
    www.tailgatealaska.com

Re: Schauer Perpetual Calendar

Although I definitely won't be another customer of your type I strongly understand your feelings. Somehow I'm also desperately waiting to see other things of the "original" Jörg Schauer brand in the future and I'm especially waiting for different things than 7750 chronos....

Watches I know from the past that qualify for this is the Tourbillion you mentioned and the Chronograph Schaltrad and of course the Digital 01 to add a third or let's say all Schauer digital models.

It is also often said that in the beginning lots of unique pieces in different materials were made. So I would definitely enjoy seeing more work like this respectively pictures and sources presenting the models of the "good old times".

I compliment to the success of Stowa but as an owner of also Schauer watches I become a bit sentimental and just want to add: Please do also something for the sake of Schauer watches' heritage.

That's also why my hope is in an exclusive combination of new Durowe mouvements with Schauer models.
    Last edited by powermaxi2000; October 31st, 2008 at 12:36.

Quote Originally Posted by powermaxi2000 View Post
    It is also often said that in the beginning lots of unique pieces in different materials were made.

Although I have heard of these unique pieces for years, I have not seen any of them aside from the Toubillion. If anybody owns one of these watches, can ytou please post a pic or two.

Jörg, if you have any of these pics, I would love to see them.

I have checked periodically on Chrono24 where I found the Tourby but no others have surfaced (because their owners cherish them, no doubt.)

I would love to see some examples of these early pieces.

www.mediaknievel.com
    www.tailgatealaska.com

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

https://www.instagram.com/vintagebkkwatch/

Hi,

Thank you for having started this thread, myself is interested to have a Schauer watch in my collection for 2009.

I have looked to the whole collection and is tempted by the white face perpetual calendar. It is a real beauty and I believe as well made as other high end brands without having to pay all the extra costs ( marketing and bla bla bla... ) while easy to maintain and get parts becasue based on ETA 7750.

However, I don't see any one here owning one and made a review in order to really appreciate the real value of it.

Same as you, would like to see other creation from Schauer.

Sponsor / Moderator

Dear Mark and all others,

Of course it would be nice to have the time to build again some unique pieces, maybe perpetual calender and so.
    I am sure i will make this watches again in the future.
    (in my older days )

At the moment (the last 5-8 years) i was to busy to build up again STOWA, to make my logistic better and many more things.

Now i am buildiung my new production and the small STOWA Museum.

After i have finished this next year i will focused on the Durowe movement as a basic of coming special watches - there are many ideas left in my head .-)

i also will try to post some of my former - handmade and special watches.

All unique pieces.

This here for example is a meteorit stone dial - a Platinum case and was done more than 10 years ago.

The case and the dial are only existing for this watch !

Best regards

Jörg Schauer
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jörg Schauer View Post

This here for example is a meteorit stone dial - a Platinum case and was done more than 10 years ago.

The case and the dial are only existing for this watch !

Best regards

Jörg Schauer
    The second had with bolt is a very nice detail. I would love to see more. Thanks.

www.mediaknievel.com
    www.tailgatealaska.com

Thread Information