Scrapping noise in Fleiger 40 - then it quits
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Scrapping noise in Fleiger 40 - then it quits

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Inactive

Scrapping noise in Fleiger 40 - then it quits

Good Morning -

This is my first post to the board.

I own two Stowa watches and plan to purchase another model.

Two months ago, I took delivery of a Stowa 40mm Fleiger - Automatic.

Within the past week, it has developed a scraping noise when I wear it. After winding to get the watch started, then going about my daily activities, it will stop working with in two hours.

Anyone have a suggestion on what could be wrong or what this noise could be?

Thank you.

Cameron

Re: Scrapping noise in Fleiger 40 - then it quits

Umm... Whatever it is, you'll have to send it in to Stowa for repairing. I think they should be back from summer-vacation in early september.

Sounds like something has broken loose in the movement. Could be anything.

Edit: Sorry, my mistake; Stowa summer holidays were from end of july to august 12. So they should be available for contact already.
    Last edited by X2-Elijah; August 18th, 2018 at 15:39.
    NTH Santa Cruz
    Casio Oceanus T200

Correct. Stowa is open for business now. Contact them ASAP. That scraping noise is not a good thing nor is it something you want in the long run. Fix it.
    The next watch I get will definitively, finally, and without a question, be my last one!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Stop wearing the watch immediately and contact Stowa.

Inactive

Thanks. Ahead of you here. Will not wear it - until it is returned from warranty repair. It is one in a rotation of nine, so not a worry. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Jacob Casper likes this.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by 66west View Post
    Thanks. Ahead of you here. Will not wear it - until it is returned from warranty repair. It is one in a rotation of nine, so not a worry. Thanks for the suggestion.
    UPDATE:

Watch arrived in Germany a little over a week ago.

It is still in German Customs. They required STOWA to sign a form in order for the watch to be released to them. Barbara from Stowa said that the customs office was understaffed and it took a few days for the form to be sent to STOWA.. It is a bit worrisome that the watch has sat in customs for over a week. Barbara assures me that they will get the watch within a few days.

Not sure what to make of it. If it is not delivered to them by the end of this week, then I will ask FEDEX to recall the watch and pay for its return shipment.

Hopefully, STOWA can get this watch released in a timely fashion.

Not very helpful now that it's gone...but next time pull of the caseback and take a look. Could have been as simple as a mounting screw coming loose and rubbing against the underside of the rotor. Movement could run intermittently if there was any shifting around with a loose mount.

B

Inactive

Thanks. It is a new watch - less than three months old - so, did not want to do anything that would void the warranty. Customer service with STOWA has been exceptional. They are a remarkable little company with stellar products. I'm sure this will get settled out in due time. I own two Stowa's (Partitio and Fleiger) and hope to buy a ProDiver or Marine Klassik in the near future.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks. It is a new watch - less than three months old - so, did not want to do anything that would void the warranty. Customer service with STOWA has been exceptional. They are a remarkable little company with stellar products. I'm sure this will get settled out in due time. I own two Stowa's (Partitio and Fleiger) and hope to buy a ProDiver or Marine Klassik in the near future.

It is actually a good sign they made them sign for it. In all honesty this sounds like everything is going fine and I wouldn't worry. I've had watches tied up for two weeks in French customs at one point.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Casper View Post

It is actually a good sign they made them sign for it. In all honesty this sounds like everything is going fine and I wouldn't worry. I've had watches tied up for two weeks in French customs at one point.
    I find French customs particularly ineffective.

Don’t worry about your watch, this is normal. EU has stricter customs since 1 or 2 years ago, because of terrorism. Sometimes this means the packages are held longer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information