Scratches on the caseback were not there when I sent the watch in. What should I do? - Page 2
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Scratches on the caseback were not there when I sent the watch in. What should I do?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Scratches on the caseback were not there when I sent the watch in. What should I do?

Quote Originally Posted by JacobC View Post
    I'd put it out there. Accidents happen and it sounds like maybe the film was applied but somewhere in the process it fell off and no one noticed.
    If that is the case, it must have fallen off before being packed up and shipped back to me. They returned the watch to me in the same old Seiko box I shipped it to them in and there was no plastic film in the box anywhere.

This really gets me anxious about sending in any watch for service. That being said, it's better than if something internal, like the hands or scratched dial, was blemished. I hope they do the right thing and take care of this for you in the end. Good luck

Re: Scratches on the caseback were not there when I sent the watch in. What should I do?

Quote Originally Posted by s2sera2 View Post
    This really gets me anxious about sending in any watch for service. That being said, it's better than if something internal, like the hands or scratched dial, was blemished. I hope they do the right thing and take care of this for you in the end. Good luck
    Thank you for the kind words, I think I would be more worried if it were a brand other than Stowa. They seem to really take their customers concerns seriously.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Any updates on this story? I'm mainly just curious :)

Quote Originally Posted by montydrei View Post
    Any updates on this story? I'm mainly just curious :)
    Yes! I sent my watch back to Stowa and after talking to Mr. Schauer they are replacing the case back with a new one. I was speechless when I got the reply letting me know. Speechless and beyond impressed, this is some next level customer service. They have definitely made me a customer for life.
    Slm643, B79, wkw and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by flaccidaardvark View Post
    Yes! I sent my watch back to Stowa and after talking to Mr. Schauer they are replacing the case back with a new one. I was speechless when I got the reply letting me know. Speechless and beyond impressed, this is some next level customer service. They have definitely made me a customer for life.
    Wow fantastic

I always feel that good customer service is less about getting things right every time (though it helps), and is more about how things are handled when they go wrong.

By that measure, good work by Stowa. It does sound quite mysterious.
    flaccidaardvark likes this.

Just wanted to add one final update that I received my Partitio back yesterday and they were true to their word. I will definitely be buying another watch from Stowa in the future.
    montydrei likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyWB View Post
    I always feel that good customer service is less about getting things right every time (though it helps), and is more about how things are handled when they go wrong.

By that measure, good work by Stowa. It does sound quite mysterious.
    Yes I still have no idea how that could have happened but Stowa absolutely handled it like pros.

Quote Originally Posted by flaccidaardvark View Post
    Just wanted to add one final update that I received my Partitio back yesterday and they were true to their word. I will definitely be buying another watch from Stowa in the future.
    Pix?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information