Scratches on the caseback were not there when I sent the watch in. What should I do?
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Scratches on the caseback were not there when I sent the watch in. What should I do?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Scratches on the caseback were not there when I sent the watch in. What should I do?

Hi all, I am hoping to get some guidance here on what I should do. I just got my Partitio Blau back from Stowa today. I sent it in for repair as it was running +20-25 seconds fast per day. I finally got a chance to sit down and admire/inspect the watch after not having it for about a month and I noticed scratches on the caseback that I know for a fact were not there when I sent the watch in. Stowa was kind enough to pay for shipping both ways and fix the movement for free under warranty so I am not sure what to do as I don't want to seem ungrateful but this is bothering me since I sent them a watch that was in mint condition and now it has scratches that I did not put there. is it worth contacting them again or is this just something I should learn to live with? I've read that Stowa's customer service is very good but it's extremely discouraging to feel like I put my trust in them and get this in return. Any advice would be appreciated, I've added a picture for reference.
    Name:  IMG_20190220_222329.jpeg
Views: 278
Size:  127.5 KB

Re: Scratches on the caseback were not there when I sent the watch in. What should I do?

Definitely contact them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: Scratches on the caseback were not there when I sent the watch in. What should I do?

The only option I see is to send it back. However, I am sure Jörg will chime in.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I contacted Stowa, hopefully they will be able to do something. Thank you for your inputs Mike and JacobC.
    JacobC likes this.

They are a quality company that stands behind their products, so I am sure they will work something out with you.

Your other option is some jewelers rouge and a polishing pad. They don't look too bad and should be easy to correct with the right materials.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Not good, but might be easily fixed with a cape cod cloth.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokie View Post
    They are a quality company that stands behind their products, so I am sure they will work something out with you.

Your other option is some jewelers rouge and a polishing pad. They don't look too bad and should be easy to correct with the right materials.
    Yes, don't get me wrong I am still a huge fan of Stowa and am hopeful to work something out with them. What kind of bums me out is that I have no idea how the scratches got there and now my once pristine case on my relatively new watch will already need polishing or some other substance applied to it to wear down the metal to make it look smooth again.

Quote Originally Posted by flaccidaardvark View Post
    Yes, don't get me wrong I am still a huge fan of Stowa and am hopeful to work something out with them. What kind of bums me out is that I have no idea how the scratches got there and now my once pristine case on my relatively new watch will already need polishing or some other substance applied to it to wear down the metal to make it look smooth again.
    Yeah it's not really acceptable from the standpoint that the watch came back in a condition worse than it was upon arrival. What has Stowa said about the matter?

Quote Originally Posted by JacobC View Post
    Yeah it's not really acceptable from the standpoint that the watch came back in a condition worse than it was upon arrival. What has Stowa said about the matter?
    I was emailing back and forth with Barbara who asked if the watch arrived with the protective plastic on the back (it didn't). She checked with the watch makers and she mentioned that they were all astonished to see the scratches as they don't ship out scratched watches. I didn't get to converse with her for very long due to the fact that it was Friday and because of the time difference so I am still waiting for her reply. I almost want to ask if it's possible to have a new case back made and installed since the watch is so new.

Quote Originally Posted by flaccidaardvark View Post
    I was emailing back and forth with Barbara who asked if the watch arrived with the protective plastic on the back (it didn't). She checked with the watch makers and she mentioned that they were all astonished to see the scratches as they don't ship out scratched watches. I didn't get to converse with her for very long due to the fact that it was Friday and because of the time difference so I am still waiting for her reply. I almost want to ask if it's possible to have a new case back made and installed since the watch is so new.
    I'd put it out there. Accidents happen and it sounds like maybe the film was applied but somewhere in the process it fell off and no one noticed.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information