Seatime - even better than I expected

Thread: Seatime - even better than I expected

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Seatime - even better than I expected

I had just about given up on finding a second hand Seatime when an old WTB ad of mine paid off. And a Seatime arrived at my house just in time for the Thanksgiving holiday. Even better, this package included both a green and a black bezel, and both the rubber strap and bracelet. So I get to use my long weekend to play.

Everyone knows how well-built these watches are, and how interesting the design is. I've read most of what there is to be read on WUS about the Seatime, but there were still some things that surprised me:
    1) The hands really pop. In pictures I'd seen the hands seemed to get lost in the large dial, but not so. The hands are what I find myself looking at the most.
    2) The bracelet is tough on smaller wrists. Okay, that's not too much of a surprise, but the thing is: even with the end links, the bracelet doesn't hang off of my wrist. However, because of the relatively small angle to the lugs and no angle to those end links, the whole watch sits up pretty high when on the bracelet. The rubber suits me much better.
    3) The bezels really have a metallic shine to them. Tough to capture in pictures. The green is sweet, and I won't be stopping there.
    4) Those lug screws are tough to deal with.
    5) Because of the design of the bezel, it almost looks like an extension of the dial. Some bezels have a definitive border, which makes the dial (and the whole watch) look smaller. This looks almost like one big dial at a glance, which makes the watch wear big.
    6) The case looks almost square at certain angles. The lugs tend to hide themselves, which leaves the tonneau part of the case highlighted. I find the fact that the case design looks so different at different angles extremely cool.

Okay, I'll stop. Suffice it to say that my admiration has only increased in a couple days of non-stop wear. I love Stowa. Pictures!

Re: Seatime - even better than I expected

Very nice!

I keep telling myself that my next watch will be a Seatime; I just need to cease my Airman-obsession. :)

Green bezel looks really good with black dial. Great piece and congrats.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Nice catch...

I have the black dial version as well and I love it. I actually want a blue dial version to go along with it.

stuffler,mike

Thumbs Up Re: Seatime - even better than I expected

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.

thanks all. admiration grows on day 3. Here's to Stowa.

Dave

Beautiful watch. I currently have a Prodiver, but have been seriously considering picking up a Seatime.

Hi Walker, congrats, very nice; I myself have a Seatimeblue, displayback, no date, metal band and recently acquired some combo items for it: a black bezel and a black strap. the other week ordered one of the last limette Prodivers, black date, black strap original Prodiver bezel....I will make sure you will all get to see some pictures of the combinations as soon as it gets here..and hopefully my camera will do more than I can...
    Chris
    ChristianS
    C3SSK, C4SST, C5AKK, C5AWT, C6LE5,
    Stowa Antea Creme, Stowa Seatime Blue, STOWA PRODIVER LIMETTE, Stowa MO arabic/brushed, Stowa Antea Black, Stowa Seatime Black, Stowa Flieger LE 2801 - 45/100; JS Watch-Islandus45, Aristo Sextant; Dievas Divergraph; Vostok Europe Diver GMT; Seiko Diver; Nautica; Tissot SevenStar; ZentRa

Quote Originally Posted by cstef View Post
    Hi Walker, congrats, very nice; I myself have a Seatimeblue, displayback, no date, metal band and recently acquired some combo items for it: a black bezel and a black strap. the other week ordered one of the last limette Prodivers, black date, black strap original Prodiver bezel....I will make sure you will all get to see some pictures of the combinations as soon as it gets here..and hopefully my camera will do more than I can...
    Chris
    This is what I love about Stowa... I knew there was one limette dial left and was wondering who would end up with it . CONGRATULATIONS!!! I ended up with BruceS seatime "pinkie" and admired it so much that I ordered a black dial seatime. I am looking forward to getting it right before xmas. The durability and simplicity of this model has almost made me consider getting rid of all my others and just having this ONE...(and pinkie).

Very nice i am looking to get some type of stowa watch! airman, seatime, prodiver, antea. Not sure what type i like the best.

What type of band is that and where did you get it??
    Im also looking for a new band for my BM.

Thank you
    Blake

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information