Seatime lug screws

Thread: Seatime lug screws

Seatime lug screws

I'm planning to buy a Seatime but want to change out the strap when I get it. Are the lug screws difficult to unscrew? What's the best way to do this if they are?

Re: Seatime lug screws

They are a bit tough at first. I took mine to a watch repair place to have the strap changed the first couple of times, then I bought a set of decent screw drivers. I had asked the watch place not to put the screw back too tightly. Now I have no problems. The real trick is having the right screwdrivers, you need two -- one to hold the screw bar at one end and the other to screw/unscrew the other end.

Good luck.

s.
    COLLECTION

CURRENT - Rolex 14060M | Omega Speedmaster Pro 3570.50 Mitsukoshi Panda | Omega Speedmaster 3590.50 | Omega Seamaster 300 Cal. 552 | Seiko SBDX001 Marine Master 300 |Seiko 6309-7040 | Stowa Marine Original | Casio G-Shock GW6900-1

Banned

Yes, mine were tough...the proof is in the sales forum descriptions. Almost every one has damage from removing the screws. Do yourself a favor and put some masking tape over the holes and then punch a hole through to see the screw head. That way, if it slip....damage is limited.

Good luck!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Good advice. Thx. Maybe I can ask Stowa to send the watch without the strap attached.

I'm sure they'll do that for you. While you're at it you could ask them to include a spare set of lug screws. I had them send me an extra set when I ordered my MO. Nice to have a back up set in case you gouge up the first set.

s.
    COLLECTION

CURRENT - Rolex 14060M | Omega Speedmaster Pro 3570.50 Mitsukoshi Panda | Omega Speedmaster 3590.50 | Omega Seamaster 300 Cal. 552 | Seiko SBDX001 Marine Master 300 |Seiko 6309-7040 | Stowa Marine Original | Casio G-Shock GW6900-1

Exactly what I'll do. Thx.

Thread Information