Seatime / Prodiver Case
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Seatime / Prodiver Case

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Seatime / Prodiver Case

I heard through another poster on the German watch forum that the Stowa Seatime / Prodiver case (which I thought was Fricker) is actually an asian blank. I did many searches on here to find threads about it, but get conflicting answers through the threads. Can anybody knowledgeable give me a definitive answer about this? Thanks in advance. P.S. Also contacted Stowa directly and got a vague response which didn't really get at the question at all. Thanks in advance. Chris

Re: Seatime / Prodiver Case

What did Stowa tell you?

REN

Can anybody answer that question ?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I would like to know as well. Thanks

I got a reply from Viveca Hafner just simply stating that they only source from reputable sources for their watches. I think what the other poster was implying is that Walter Fricker once made a statement himself saying that it's totally up to the customer, ie. Stowa in this example, which materials we use when producing their case. The poster implied that Jorg elected to use the lesser asian material in making the watch I guess. The poster was heavily singing the praises of UTS watches (of which he owns 2) so, I took it with a grain of salt. Nevertheless, Stowa sure isn't coming right out and just saying that they don't use the lesser material, so you never know I guess. Understand by the way, lesser being a subjective word.

I have not been disappointed in any of the Stowa cases that I have owned. I have owned 5 at one time or another. I have 3 now. That is all that matters to me.

It does matter to me!
    If I wanted a watch from china, I'd buy a watch from china. I don't need to buy a watch from Germany to get a watch from china!!!!! Hell, they sell watches at walmart from china,all I have to do is go down the street!! I think that we have the right to know where the parts are coming from.

REN

I also think, that we as potential customers, deserve a straight answer. Why it is so hard to just come out and say the truth, and be done with it? I would feel more comfortable buying a watch knowing exact sources of the components. (i.e. Swiss movement, Chinese case finished by Fricker, watch assembled and quality checked by Stowa etc.). If the watch has a Chinese case I will be 100% ok with that, but at least I will know where it came from and sleep better at night ;).
    Last edited by watchsee; May 18th, 2011 at 16:44.

Sponsor / Moderator

Hello everybody,

please read the attached information at the bottom of this post which is since 3 - 4 years already in our Onlineshop**.

We will tell more details about our suppliers when every watch company will open their secrets .-)
    (it makes no sence if only one company will tell everything, we are more open than any other - please see our attachment ! But more we will not say- only if others/all do the same)

But basicly for me it is not a matter of where something is coming from, for me everything is a matter of quality. .-)

But of course i understand the interest of some people, i am the same sometimes

But we have given more details here in the internet in the last years than any other company.

And we have decided since 3-4 years to tell only the percent of material we use from outside germany, from Europe or Asia.

To many discussions and to many deeper and deeper questions have been the result.

I think if you read this attachment you will get a answer which is more than you can get from any other watchcompany !

Please try to ask all my competitors if they will launch a information like this, i am sure they will not.

We do it like this, please respect that we need some producer secrets to keep our quality and to keep our succes, this is the way the business works.

But i promisse - if there is one day coming all the producers, or even only all german producers will open their sources for the complete collection, i will do also !

But please respect if we have our official statement which is launched since many years.
    (i saw at the moment that we have some trouble with some FAQ´s in the shop, but the german translation you can see there, since the new shop is open and we have launched it many years ago)

here it is:

Where are STOWA watches and components are made ?

Sometimes there are discussions about the "Country of Origin" of STOWA watches and other watchbrands.
    We at STOWA want to be open as always.

Already in the year 2007 an article in the german watchmagazine Armbanduhren was published.
    (in the reason of the 80th. Anniversary of the STOWA Brand)
    It was the result of a interview Jörg Schauer gave to Armbanduhren.

Martin Häussermann(Journalist) and Jörg Schauer talked about the marketing and philosophy of STOWA.:

"Even under Schauer's aegis, these have been turbulent times for Stowa, with a lot of pressure being exerted on prices.The young team in Engelsbrand has managed to release this pressure in two ways: on the one hand, Schauer has been systematically and successfully looking for component manufacturers with a more favourable pricing structure, including those in the Far East, he admits. On the other hand, he emphasised that "80 percent of the value of Stowa watches is created in Europe". The company's marketing policy has been changed as well: from a traditional brand to direct sales. Schauer has been selling Stowa almost exclusively on-line for almost three years now (Stowa Uhren ab Werk bestellen und online kaufen) or directly from his workshop. Stowa watches have become clearly cheaper as a result of more favourable purchasing terms and the elimination of dealer profit margins."

Why do you think you have the "right" to know where the components of your watch come from ???
    You may like to know, and that may influence your buying choice. But right - no, sorry.

Does Stowa, detail the origins of any of its other components?
    Surely you either believe in the brand, and in the integrity of Jorge - or you do not.

My car is a Japanese brand, yet made in England... though I do not know where the individual parts are sourced from - the seats, the fabric, the glass, the plastics.
    Antea Black (Date - Milanaise Bracelet)
    Antea Creme COSC (No Date - Blued Hands)
    Antea KS
    Black Forest Flieger LE
    Flieger B-Uhr
    Flieger 2801 LE

Marine 2801 HW
    Marine Original
    Chrono 1938 Black
    Seatime Blue (ProDiver Bezel)
    Seatime WUS LE
    70's Quartz,
    Vintage PUW

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast