Seatime Service Nightmare

Thread: Seatime Service Nightmare

Seatime Service Nightmare

I sent my Seatime in months ago for a new crystal, bezel and a polish.

Hardly major service.

I was told that I was to have it back in the middle of June. I wrote to When i did not receive it, I wrote Viveca sas to its delivery. Viveca told me I would have it in a week. When I didn't receive it, I waited a week and wrote again. He responded by telling me that he understood my frustration, and that he would get right back to me.

I have heard nothing since. It has been several months.

When I sent my wife's submariner in for a full service, it took 3 weeks, and was returned on time (in perfect condition). Same with my Panerai.

I thought Stowa was supposed to have such great, and personal, customer service. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might get my watch back?

stuffler,mike

Re: Seatime Service Nightmare

Mailed Jörg about your concern.

Sponsor / Moderator

Re: Seatime Service Nightmare

Dear MaxwellHenry,

sorry for the delay and I completely understand that you are angry.

In the meantime your watch was done and I will send it out today or tomorrow.

The situation is now better - even if it does not look like .-)

But we have had so many backorders and repairs in the last months.

The reason was announced here for several times but it still is the same reason:

Our building has asked too much time and the moving from the old one into the new one as well.

All this is now more or less behind us.

Next weekend we are close to the time schedule we wanted to be:

1 - The most of the backrepairs are done.

2 - The delivery time for new orders will be perfect in september after our summer holidays.

3 - And we have now established two new workplaces for watchmakers and we will hire additional watchmakers from Setember on

This all allows us in the future to be faster - I promise!

Thanks for your patience and as always, we are realy taking care of the quality of our products or repairs - not the speed to produce or send back.

But we know already that it is also important to be fast - not only good!

Best regards

Jörg Schauer
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; July 28th, 2009 at 15:01.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

As a small business owner...

(and also someone who has a watch currently in for repair at Stowa) I totally understand what his company has gone through recently. No matter how carefully you plan there are going to be many surprises that cause complications and delays and you just can't foresee them all. The only thing you can do is communicate with your customers and hope they are understanding. In Stowa's case it seems that most people who know about the move have adjusted their expectations accordingly. Another thing the OP may not be aware of is that there was a back order on bezels. I know because my watch also required a replacement and I put my order in before the move which caused some additional logistics.

Re: As a small business owner...

I own a small business too, and I take issue with the assertion that I should have adjusted my expectations. My expectations were based only on what I was told in response to my inquiries. Should I have expected something other than what I was told?

In any event, I am not "angry," and I am pleased to report that I received confirmation that my watch was shipped out today. I love the watch, think it is a great product, and an amazing value. I just want it back so that I can enjoy it.

Seems I will be getting it, and I thank Jorg and Stowa for remedying the problem.

Re: As a small business owner...

Quote Originally Posted by MaxwellHenry View Post
    I own a small business too, and I take issue with the assertion that I should have adjusted my expectations. My expectations were based only on what I was told in response to my inquiries. Should I have expected something other than what I was told?
    I share your sympathies and was given more or less the same response from the stowa "fan base". I had to re-adjust my expectation... 5 times.

I like my watch yes but the process in getting it was less than ideal as suggested here so often.

Thread Information