Seatime Sickness

Thread: Seatime Sickness

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Seatime Sickness

I think I caught it again... a bad cases of ineedtobuyanewstowanowitis. This time I have my eye on the all black Seatime on rubber strap. Any feedback on this watch? Recommendations? I used the search function, but I'd like to hear your opinions on this watch.

Re: Seatime Sickness

Well, if you want a diver you sure picked an awesome one to pick up. Mine is tip-top and I love it very much. Highly recomend either the Seatime or the ProDiver...

Good luck!

I have that exact watch...

and I highly recommend it. In fact I prefer it over my ProDiver by a slim margin. If you have any specific questions I'd be happy to answer them.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I do not have one and haven't seen one in person, but I want one. Hope that helps I think it's an amazing looking watch with the black bezel; a bit less sporty in some ways than your average diver, but just beautifully designed.

Personally I think the black leather strap is a better looking combo than the rubber, but they both seem great.

stuffler,mike

Read my review ?

Re: I have that exact watch...

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    and I highly recommend it. In fact I prefer it over my ProDiver by a slim margin. If you have any specific questions I'd be happy to answer them.
    I had a ProDiver for a while, and sold it to possibly get a Seatime. Can you give some details as to what you like better about the Seatime?

Thanks!

I am relativity new to the forum and I started searching for a nice diver a couple months ago. I wanted a bang for buck but quality watch.

I started originally looking at the Seiko divers and then I got a really good deal on a used Precista PRS-18Q through the WUS sales forum. I visited a Seiko AD after owning the PRS-18Q and found that the Seiko offerings did not impress me now.

So what did eventually impress me? The Stowa Seatime I got for x-mas.

Yesterday I went to my local upscale AD watch store for the first time. I was looking for the "what's next" dress diver. Something more upscale then the Seatime Ive been wearing since x-mas. They sell Ball, Omega, Longines, Tag Heuer, Breitling, Baume & Mercier, Ebel, Tissot and Raymond Weil. I walked out of the AD, after reviewing a lot of their watches, again not too impressed. Do not get me wrong, there were a couple watch I liked; Omega Seamaster
    Planet Ocean, Longines Legend Diver and a couple Ball watches. Lets put it this way, my Long List is now a Short List.

So for me, for now, for the money, probably another Stowa.
    Last edited by jaypetermen; January 7th, 2009 at 20:26. Reason: added links

Grails

My Short List:

• Halios Laguna
    • Antea 390 A 10
    • Longines "Legend Diver"
    • Vintage Tudor Snowflake
    • Vintage Omega Seamaster 300M
    • Omega Aqua Terra Seamaster Railmaster 2806.52.37

The Seatime is a great watch. I had a black/black Seatime and black/black/black Prodiver at the same time for a few weeks. Despite the extra thickness of the Prodiver, they both wore nearly identically for me. The Seatime is dressier due to the hands and markers. I love the look of both.

The only downside of the Seatime is that it is difficult to distinguish the Minute and Second hand in the dark when all you can see is the lume. You cannot just glance and read the time, you must wait for the second hand to move so that you know which is which. For that reason, if I were to buy another Seatime in the future (likely!), I would get the red non-lumed second hand substituted for the normal lumed one.

I did read the review- very informative and helpful. Just pulled the trigger on a black bezel and dial with rubber strap. Ugh.... I have that sinking feeing of spending money I shouldn't... but hey, at least I'm addicted to watches and not crack or something...

Quote Originally Posted by RugerWS View Post
    I did read the review- very informative and helpful. Just pulled the trigger on a black bezel and dial with rubber strap. Ugh.... I have that sinking feeing of spending money I shouldn't... but hey, at least I'm addicted to watches and not crack or something...

I think that is very well said and good logic, i use it alot myself! I mean at least you arent killing people!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information