Seatime vs ProDiver

Thread: Seatime vs ProDiver

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Seatime vs ProDiver

Hey there

New to the forum here. Have been reading for a while, but only now feel like can be part of the club.

I blame you guys, but I just order my Stowa Antea black/black. Yet, I should wait until June 2009 to have it on my wrist. I am sure it worth it.

Meanwhile, here goes my amateur/first timer question.

Seatime vs ProDiver.

Does it worth the extra 300+ Euros. I like the Seatime better (from the pics), and I am sure I will never dive over 300mts so just wondering....I can still appreciate the extras from the PD, but not sure if enough to pay for them.

THANKS....

Re: Seatime vs ProDiver

The only difference seems to be the WR, both are built great and are both tough. Since you like the Seatime better you might as well get the Seatime and save the extra cash for something else.
    Rolex Explorer, Tudor Pelagos, Sinn EZM3

I have both...

So here's my unbiased opinion. The ProDiver is a truly great watch that is the equal to any other brand's professional grade dive watch. The case and HRV are beautifully done as are the domed AR coated crystal and solid caseback. The main drawback to me is that the watch is quite heavy at about 225 grams on the bracelet. The PD also sits pretty high because of the thicker caseback. The SeaTime has the same case without the HRV and the crystal is flat which causes some extra reflections despite the AR coating. The display back is thinner than the on the PD which lets the watch sit closer to my wrist. The SeaTime is also about 20 grams lighter. The hands on the PD are easier to see and have better lume but the dial of the SeaTime has better lume than the PD. Both watches use the same movement and bracelets and straps. If forced to choose I would pick the SeaTime since it is a bit lighter and sits lower but I would prefer a solid caseback. If you have any specific questions about either watch feel free to ask.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: I have both...

They used to offer the Seatime with a solid caseback. I wish that option were still available...

I've owned both watches. The lume on both dials are the same C3 SL. The bezels are also interchangeable as well. It is true the PD is taller and heavier, but not by much. In the end, it depends whether you want to pay for an HEV and imho the dial/hands/bezel on the PD is more stylish. The regular Seatime was a bit minimalist for me, but to each their own. Both are great watches.
    Lots of dive watches.

Cool Re: Seatime vs ProDiver

Thanks everyone.
    I think I will get a Seatime . Blue/black is my preference at the moment.
    Thanks again

Here is a blue dialed, silver bezel - a most excellent Seatime;;;It is a very heavy, stable watch that never disappoints. Make sure to post images once you have it on your wrist!!

Glen

I'm reviving this thread instead of posting a new one. I was curious if anyone has both a seatime and a prodiver and would be willing to do some side by side comparison shots from a couple of angles? I would really appreciate it!
    G-shock 7710
    Stowa Prodiver Black
    Seiko 7549-7009 Golden Tuna 600m

Let's see if this works...

Hopefully these show up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's perfect. Thanks so much.
    G-shock 7710
    Stowa Prodiver Black
    Seiko 7549-7009 Golden Tuna 600m

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast