Second chance..

Thread: Second chance..

Second chance..

Hi all,

Before two years i owned the Prodiver rhodium dial,cosc mvt,great watch.
    The biggest con for me was the difficulty to change the strap,for me is impossible,i am not newbie,i had tried very carefully but finally damaged the case near the lugs and destroyed the tubs.I sent it to Jorg,he refinished and sent it back to me in new condition but..
    I sold it after two months with but regret it very much and today i decided to order again the same watch.
    I know that there are many owners with the same BIG problem and the MOST IMPORTANT CON for me so please someone provide a method how to do this easier..
    Thanks in advance and patience..

Giannis

Re: Second chance..

Hi Giannis,

Glad you like the Prodiver - it's a very great watch.

First, you need the correct tools - period.

1. A watch holder which will keep the case and watch in steady position when it comes time to unscrew the lugs.

2. The correct sized screwdrivers

3. Turn the screws out most of the way out to determine on which side the female tube is located. The best method is to hold one of the screws still while turning the other. This will clarify for you on which end the tube is inserted. Completely unscrew the pair so the small male screw comes away from the case.

4. Screw the small male screw back into the female tube only enough for the threads to mesh.

5. Push on the male screw side to push out the female end on the other side, enough so you can grab the female end.

6. Unscrew the male screw all the way out, then pull out the female tube.

7. There you have it.

8, Take your time
    9, Take your time
    10, Take your time

It is best to disconnect the bracelet so it is loose on both ends, this will allow the bracelet to be out of your way.

Hope this helps.

Glen

Hi Glen,

Thank you so much for the reply!

At first please can you provide me a link to buy a watch holder?
    As for the screwdrivers i have the correct size but the big problem is which located the female tube,is always in the same side?
    I have ALLERGY to scratches and dents,just cannot wear a watch thinking that there are scratches, thats why posted the thread.I ordered it only with the rubber strap because i am sure that i cannot change the bracelet...
    Thank you very much,i am very appreciate you help!

Kind Regards,

Giannis
    Quote Originally Posted by inlanding View Post
    Hi Giannis,

Glad you like the Prodiver - it's a very great watch.

First, you need the correct tools - period.

1. A watch holder which will keep the case and watch in steady position when it comes time to unscrew the lugs.

2. The correct sized screwdrivers

3. Turn the screws out most of the way out to determine on which side the female tube is located. The best method is to hold one of the screws still while turning the other. This will clarify for you on which end the tube is inserted. Completely unscrew the pair so the small male screw comes away from the case.

4. Screw the small male screw back into the female tube only enough for the threads to mesh.

5. Push on the male screw side to push out the female end on the other side, enough so you can grab the female end.

6. Unscrew the male screw all the way out, then pull out the female tube.

7. There you have it.

8, Take your time
    9, Take your time
    10, Take your time

It is best to disconnect the bracelet so it is loose on both ends, this will allow the bracelet to be out of your way.

Hope this helps.

Glen

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Just do a search on your favorite search engine and type "watch case holder". You might even find one in you area.

It does not matter from which end the female tube is inserted. When you fully unscrew both screws, the small male screw will come loose. To then move the female tube out enough so you can grab it with your fingernails, just rethread the small male screw enough so the threads grab, then push it back into place and it will displace the female tube. Unscrew the male screw again, then grab the slotted end of the female tube and pull it out of the end lug.

If you are unstable and fear you'll scratch the bead blasted case again, use tape.

These types of foul-ups are usually the result of someone not slowing down enough, using too much force, then twisting the case, then pushing the screwdrivers out of the slots only to scratch the case around the screwed lugs.

The bottom line, and to reiterate...take your time, take your time, take your time.

Glen

I found a case holder from Bostonwatchexchange.com,it costs $28 and looks good.
    I will try the Glen's method and hope GOD BLESS ME

Kind Regards,
    Giannis

Thread Information