Shipping costs for STOWA watches-Info

Thread: Shipping costs for STOWA watches-Info

Sponsor / Moderator

Shipping costs for STOWA watches-Info

Hello everybody,

since weeks we try to give you more details about the exactly costs Fedex charge in different countries.

Yesterday a customer service man was visiting us in this matter.

Still we have to wait for the costs because Fedex Germany is trying to contact all countries to make a list or something like that.

We will forward as soon as we have !

But basicly from all i read here is, that nobody payed at least as much as the german VAT is. (

This makes us a bit happy, but of course it does not satisfy you as a customer who wants to know: "How much does fedex charge?"

We know and we are working on this every day.

We come back soon with more Informations.

Best regards

Jörg Schauer

Re: Shipping costs for STOWA watches-Info

thank you....in Ontario, Canada....we are charged 18% for JUST taxes/duties....that's not the problem because i can't escape or skip out paying the government even though I don't like to.

What i'm concerned is the uncontrolled/regulated rates the private couriers charge for brokerage fees. That can be any exponential amount they choose. I've had to pay $50 to UPS once for a $30 item.

i just wanted to share my recent experience (today) with UPS and this could possibly be a recommendation for Jorg to look into a similar service w/ FedEx.

I purchased a watch off Ebay last week and the seller was from Germany also. He shipped the item via UPS Worldwide Express Saver. This particular service has no brokerage fees as it is already covered in the initial shipping expense. I confirmed this over the phone with the UPS rep and also on their website.

Upon arrival, i only had to pay the taxes/duties applicable in my country/state. There were no additional hidden charges/brokerage fees. I was very pleased this time.

Jorg perhaps you can look into FedEx and see if they offer a similar service. I would presume so for these companies to stay competitive.

BTW, shipping was very reasonable. The seller only charged me $10. Not sure if he was covering part of it or what...but that's all it cost me.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If you buy direct from Stowa it's shipped Fedex. I'm in USA, Fedex was fast, and a week or so later there's a bill from them for duty, 3% and $5.00 fee,easy & no problem, cheaper than my state's sales tax!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Robert View Post
    If you buy direct from Stowa it's shipped Fedex. I'm in USA, Fedex was fast, and a week or so later there's a bill from them for duty, 3% and $5.00 fee,easy & no problem, cheaper than my state's sales tax!!!!
    I know, I couldn't believe this when I got that letter. I thought it would say I owe + $100 or something to that tune. Thanks again Jorg for all your personal attention to Stowa and it's customers! Merry Christmas! (we need a Christmas tree icon or something heh)
    "You've stolen my heart, yes You have, You've wiped away the stains, broke away the chains, yes You have!" Leeland

I only paid 11 bucks, it was sent to my University apartment so maybe fedex gave me a break?
    Rolex Explorer, Tudor Pelagos, Sinn EZM3

i'm really surprised to hear this....how could taxes alone be so little in your respective states?

Quote Originally Posted by apnk View Post
    I only paid 11 bucks, it was sent to my University apartment so maybe fedex gave me a break?
    Mine was $14
    "You've stolen my heart, yes You have, You've wiped away the stains, broke away the chains, yes You have!" Leeland

Thread Information