the shipping of my stowa

Thread: the shipping of my stowa

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

the shipping of my stowa

hi everyone,
    i received my new stowa last week and it is great but...
    i live in the U.S. and paid $75 shipping and then today i received a letter from Fedex saying i owe another $36 do i owe this? i thought the $75 covered the custom fees and shipping. i know overnight service to the UK for a watch is $50 any thoughts??? thanks for any and all insight

Re: the shipping of my stowa

Yes, its the custom fees. A lot of people in the US pay around $30 to $50 for custom fees, I guess I got lucky and and got billed $11 for my Seatime.
    Rolex Explorer, Tudor Pelagos, Sinn EZM3

yep, you owe it. That's the import duty. The $75 is just shipping. It's high, but it is what I had to pay to send my watch back to Germany for service. The US Govt's cut is extra.

Dave

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

be happy...did you read the Canadian customs post? US customs isn't so bad!

exactly....when the watch arrives in Ontario, we have to pay roughly 18% of the total shipment value including any shipping costs...

pisses me off.

If I remember right there are two options when buying from Stowa. One, you get shipped the watch, pay shipping, then have to pay FedEx as well for customs. The other you pay Stowa for shipping + customs and then they cover it all so that you don't have to hastle with it. That's what I did when I bought my Marine Auto. I didn't have any extra bills after the watch arrived as it was covered with my payment to Stowa.

Matt, I don't believe that option is available anymore. Stowa streamlined their online ordering process a year or so ago, and this was one of the things eliminated for simplicity and clarity purposes. IIRC.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by doughboyr6 View Post
    exactly....when the watch arrives in Ontario, we have to pay roughly 18% of the total shipment value including any shipping costs...
    Yep... $36 is practically nothing. I had to pay $131.81 on my last Airman auto, and that was after paying for shipping. It was almost exactly 18%. Then again, in Europe they have to pay 19% VAT, so I suppose we do save 1%. ;)

Still, the extra cost won't stop me from buying more Stowa watches; I just wish I had known what to expect when that first one arrived.

There should not be any duties when you send your watch back for service. At least I have not paid anything for the last two times I had to send my Airman back for repairs.

I remember paying only around $25 when I got my Airman and Antea together.

Quote Originally Posted by bishop View Post
    There should not be any duties when you send your watch back for service. At least I have not paid anything for the last two times I had to send my Airman back for repairs.

I remember paying only around $25 when I got my Airman and Antea together.
    If the repair is covered under warranty there should be no customs duty applied. You must specify clearly in the shipping manifest that the watch is being returned under warranty for repair.

As an aside, why have you had to return your watch to Stowa Airman twice for repair? That seems pretty extreme.
    Randy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information