Should I get a Partitio?
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Should I get a Partitio?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Confused Should I get a Partitio?

To give a back story to this, ever since I found Stowa when I stumbled upon this site, I've been fascinated with their watches. My very first big boy watch was the Stowa Flieger 40mm. Love it even though I've made two additions since then. I have been saving for the black bay as my next addition since seeing it a few weeks ago, but I have a list of watches I want, the Partitio being one of them (am I crazy for having a list of watches i want?) Originally I wanted to wait a bit to see if I really want it as much as I think, but I'm a history nerd and I have this fixation on getting air, land, and sea collection of WWII style watches. I received an email the other day from Stowa about them being at Wind Up in NYC and the new 2801 decorated movement in the Partitio. I am intrigued by the picture of the stars and stripes movement and moved up the Partitio up the want list instead, but at the same time I'm worried this would dupe my collection a bit since I also have the Nomos Club II. What should I do?
    Furball likes this.

Re: Should I get a Partitio?

I change my mind on an almost daily basis as to which watches I do or don't want...even within a single brand like Stowa. I've gone, since I got my TO1, from thinking my next Stowa will be the Seatime Black Forest to the Blue Prodiver to the Marine Chrono to the 1938 Black Chrono, etc. And that's just Stowa. I even became interested in the Partitio with that Stars & Stripes movement and the Partitio is my least favorite Stowa. I guess what I'm saying is that if there's something you want right now, I'd wait a week or two and see if you want the same thing. If you do, get it; if you don't, then you're like me...someone who wants every neat watch he sees. But this can be dangerous (unless you're rich). I also try and keep my collection small because I think the more watches you get, the less special each one becomes...just my view.

Always buy what on top of your wish list first. If Partitio is top. Go for it. If itsn't, then hold. Maybe try hands on one then decide.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Always buy what on top of your wish list first.
    Yup.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Well, it is on the want list, but not urgent want...guess I'll wait on it since I really can't get the Tudor out of my head. I just feel like a jerk for sending emails with Marcel from Stowa because he answered so many questions.

Quote Originally Posted by DutchMongolian View Post
    Well, it is on the want list, but not urgent want...guess I'll wait on it since I really can't get the Tudor out of my head. I just feel like a jerk for sending emails with Marcel from Stowa because he answered so many questions.
    He's the sales guy, albeit a nice one, and it's his job to help out. He was very helpful with me and i changed my mind a few times but you don't drop a lot of money on a watch because you feel bad for the sales guy..... :)
    robi1138 likes this.

Banned

You are not crazy. Well, perhaps you are, but no more than any other WIS. Most of us have a short list of watches we want, and mine frequently changes based on various factors, some of which make sense and others which do not. I go back and forth on the Partitio (white dial handaufzug), but even though I am an American, I'm generally not a fan of these types of movement embellishments like the stars and stripes version. In fact, I think I'd prefer the solid back.

No, you're not crazy and I would get it ...... The BlackBay can wait and will still be available when you have replenished your watch fund. The stars & stripes movement will be available for a limited time only and you can get it with good savings right now. And consider selling the Nomos. However, if you're like me .... I only add

I too have waited with several purchases, only to discover that I couldn't get them anymore by the time I was "ready" to buy (mostly mentally ready). That irks me and I kick myself for missing out on e.g. Doxa Sub 600T Graph, Fortis B42 Flieger Chrono (white dial, blue accents and movement decorated with blue stars), ......
    Last edited by MHe225; October 21st, 2016 at 01:49.
    DutchMongolian likes this.

Well do you guys know if the 2801 is ETA top grade? I know the flieger is top grade from ETA, I've searched the forum but didn't find anything that specifically stated 2801 has different grades.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

A lot of people really love the Black Bay, and not to harsh on it, but wow that thing is chunky.
    Make sure to try that BB on in real life before you buy one, because pictures don't do it's chunkiness justice.
    But it's a great watch, don't get me wrong.
    Unless you have a 6.75 wrist like me, then maybe a vintage Tudor day/date?
    Or perhaps a nice Stowa is in your future...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information