Show us your Partitios!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Doug

Thread: Show us your Partitios!

Show us your Partitios!

It came up on the MO on a small wrist thread, and I thought it was time those lucky few who have them posted some shots. There are very few images on the web. I was tempted to buy one a little while back and opted instead for a KS, but I havn't quite gotten it out of my system.

Anyone?

Re: Show us your Partitios!

*tumbleweed goes bouncing across thread*

The Partitio doesn't seem to be making much of a splash. I think it's a nice enough looking watch, perhaps just too straightforward to get people excited. The Exima probably suffered the same fate.

Most partitio owners probably do not frequent the forum. They either order it from the manufactum catalog or just walk into one and buy it.
    It is simple. It is 37mm in diameter(though mostly dial). The word partitio is written so small on the dial you have to bring the watch 6 inches from your face to read it. And, like most of my favorite watches, no pictures I have seen or have taken do the watch justice(like the antea 365).

Why is it one of my favorite watches?

It is understated. From afar it doesn't look much different than the railroad or military inspired watches timex or swiss army produced and I grew up wearing. Although, when you put it side by side with one of these watches the differences are obvious, especially the dial size.

It has arabics, in a font that I really like. Just a personal preference, YMMV.

The lume on the hands and the numbers is very good and has been applied perfectly. Brighter and longer lasting lume than any of my other watches save the airman.

The little details. The second hand without a tail. The "partitioned" seconds track on the border of the dial. The stowa emblem on the crown. The slightly domed sapphire crystal. The polished case. The fact it looks just as good with a suit as it does with jeans. It just seems to fit my 6 1/2" wrist perfectly.

I originally did not respond to this thread because you asked for pics and the best I have you have probably already seen. I just thought a few kind words would help. Pics added you may or may not have seen.

Last edited by Doug; March 23rd, 2011 at 05:17. Reason: pics added
    persco, LH2 and Pubcrawler like this.
    autos: Hamilton navy pioneer(sold), stowa partitio, precista prs-22, stowa airman(sold), stowa antea 365, marathon sar(sold), vostok amphibian(sold), black mako(sold), seiko 5 military, sinn 556a

quartz: maurice lacroix, swiss army field, wenger swiss military 2912x, marathon tsar, 2 mudmen, gulfman, breitling colt

hand wind: 1963 seagull chrono(sold), stowa partitio, helbros

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

LH2

Super pics, and well said Doug. I like simple, understated watches that don't go out of style. I think the Partitio has a unique beauty. It isn't flashy, but it's got class!

It's a good thing that us watch enthusiasts all like different stuff. How boring would it be if we ALL liked the same exact style of watch?

Banned

I was tempted to buy one a little while back and opted instead for a KS

Quote Originally Posted by Cotton175 View Post
    I was tempted to buy one a little while back and opted instead for a KS

Congrats, you bought a very fine watch!

But Antea KS and Partitio aren't alternative watches. The question should be:
    "Which watch to be bought first and which as the second one?!"

I believe, you already answered this question................................Partitio will be next, won't it?

brainless

Thread Information