So If I Want A Stowa...

Thread: So If I Want A Stowa...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

So If I Want A Stowa...

I have to wait until the end of September to receive it? Are there any other places to purchase one? I REALLY want a Marine Automatic, but I don't want to wait over a month. :(

Re: So If I Want A Stowa...

You can try to pick one up on the sales thread on this site. Stowa sells through its own online shop in order to keep prices down. You will see from a review of threads here that many people have waited significantly longer than one month for their watch to arrive. Consider also that these watches are not mass produced but rather crafted individually, many receiving options as determined by the purchasers (swan neck regulators, sapphire exhibition backs and the like. These are bespoke watches at very reasonable prices; a month is not too long to wait for something you will wear with pleasure for years, is it?
    Last edited by redbike; August 29th, 2008 at 17:30. Reason: .
    Casio: PAW1300-1V
    Nomos: Tangomat (Zeta), Tetra Large (Alpha)
    Rolex: Air King (ca. 1982), Cellini (c.a. 1980)
    Seiko: SNM009 White Samurai, SKX781 Orange Monster, SBDC003 Blue Sumo, SBDC005 Orange Sumo,SNKF07 "BFS", SKX007, 6306 - 7001, 6105 - 8119, 6309 - 7040, SBDX001 Marine Master 300,KS 5625-7040 Hi-Beat Chronometer, SPB015J1 Double Retrograde
    Stowa: Marine Original (Serial), Fleiger Original (Serial)
    Tutima: F2 PR

I don't think a month is too long a wait. I was told my FO Serial wait time was roughly Feb 2009. That's fine with me, to get what I want.

As was stated previously, check for pre-owned pieces. Just don't expect to get too much or a price break - supply and demand, y'know

-Jim

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

So I guess waiting is the only option. People don't seem to watch to sell their Stowas too often.

Quote Originally Posted by carman63 View Post
    I don't think a month is too long a wait. I was told my FO Serial wait time was roughly Feb 2009. That's fine with me, to get what I want.

As was stated previously, check for pre-owned pieces. Just don't expect to get too much or a price break - supply and demand, y'know

-Jim

There's a wait for watches from smaller companies. No offense but you just have to deal with the wait.

I'm waiting also for the FO serial and I'm waaaay past February 2009.
    Always outnumbered, never outgunned.

There was a guy on TZ yesterdaywith a polished MO for sale if you can't wait. I don't know if it's still there today.

The wait quoted you is not bad. My Antea KS is promised for a September delivery as well. I've never owned a Stowa but from what I've been told, the wait is definitely worth it.

I can understand your frustration at wanting to get it sooner.

But, I kind of like the wait. It makes me feel like a small child waiting and waiting for that one extra special gift that you have always wanted. The excitement builds as the days get closer to that one single moment where you tear open the wrapping and behold such a fine work of art and craftsmanship.

Its all in the mindset, sir.

It will be worth the wait. Trust me!

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by Vito_Corleone View Post
    So I guess waiting is the only option. People don't seem to watch to sell their Stowas too often.
    ...which is quite understandable

1 month wait for anything custom made is pretty fast.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information