Some questions about Marine auto / original

Thread: Some questions about Marine auto / original

Some questions about Marine auto / original

Why is the cost difference so high between the marine automatic and original?

only the different movement? how is the movement used for the original?

why is there not the COSC certification for the original?

where could I find some photos where there is the comparison between the 40mm and the 41 mm? I'm worried because maybe the 41 mm is too big for my thin arm

thank you

stuffler,mike

Re: Some questions about Marine auto / original

Quote Originally Posted by yatahaze View Post
    Why is the cost difference so high between the marine automatic and original?

only the different movement? how is the movement used for the original?
    Yes, mainly the movement. Difference is similar to Flieger Auto and Flieger Original.

why is there not the COSC certification for the original?
    The Unitas simply isn't COSC tested. In my understanding it wouldn't be that easy to get a 18.000 beater cosc certified without diving deep into your pockets.
    The Marine Auto is available with a cosc certified movement, just add 210 Euro.

where could I find some photos where there is the comparison between the 40mm and the 41 mm?
    Here on that forum.

without diving deep into your pockets.
    sorry waht do you mean?

I'm very ignorant, but I know the Unitas is not a completely automatic movement, and it should have 50 hours of charge

how do you charge it how nuch time does it take and do you have to do it every day?
    if you don't charge for some days what happens?

I'm really new with the watches

thank you

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

and why is not possible to have the marine without data?
    I saw some pictures on thsi forum of this model

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    The Unitas simply isn't COSC tested. In my understanding it wouldn't be that easy to get a 18.000 beater cosc certified without diving deep into your pockets.
    As far as I know the Unitas 6497/6498 can be COSC certified. Just take a look at the specifications of the Panerai Luminor Marina.

stuffler,mike

sorry waht do you mean?
    I mean: Expensive.

I'm very ignorant, but I know the Unitas is not a completely automatic movement, and it should have 50 hours of charge
    It is a handwinding movement, designed for pocket watches. Mechanical watches can be divided into

+automatic
    +manual wind

watches. "Charge" is not the right term. The Unitas has a power reserve of about 50h.

how do you charge it how nuch time does it take and do you have to do it every day? if you don't charge for some days what happens?

You have to wind it up every day, if not the watch will stop running.

sorry waht do you mean?

how do you charge it how nuch time does it take and do you have to do it every day?
    if you don't charge for some days what happens?

I'm really new with the watches

thank you
    It's the power reserve, which is about 50 hours, a bit less indeed.
    It's a hand-wound movement, formally used in pocket watches, it lasts just a minute or two to wind it totally. This movement is not automatic, and there's nothing you can "charge" of it.
    Watch connoisseurs tend to prefer hand-wound movements in so called historic models, for several reasons. These movements are closer to the original pieces - the predecessor of this watch was a pocket watch. You also have the opportunity to feel the movement and have a personal connection with it through the crown, while you are winding that.
    These things can make this version more desirable, therefore more expensive. However, as always at Stowa, this watch still has a very reasonable price!

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by ivanlt View Post
    As far as I know the Unitas 6497/6498 can be COSC certified. Just take a look at the specifications of the Panerai Luminor Marina.
    I was not talking about the Unitas which beats in a Panerai with 21.600 b/h (= OP XI ). I was talking about the Unitas beating at a rate of 18.000.
    And please note that a PAM is three times the money of a Stowa, right ?
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; February 10th, 2009 at 20:12.

Why all this fascination with COSC

Thread Information