Some Thoughts on the Marine Original Serial

Thread: Some Thoughts on the Marine Original Serial

Some Thoughts on the Marine Original Serial

I had written a short review of this watch approximately 3 weeks after receiving it. At that point, time-keeping was excellent. No sooner had I submitted the post, and the accuracy began to vary widely (+15 seconds maximum in 30 hour period).

I have now had the watch for approximately 2 months, and it is keeping perfect time, varying by only +/- 1 sec per 24 hr. period. Note: Time.gov used for testing. While this watch lacks a hack function, I have discovered that if I let it run unwound for a day and a half, then I can stop the second hand by engaging the stem and then turning backwards as if to move the time back. Once I have the second hand set, then I wind the watch fully and set the minute. An alternative to this method has already been posted, that is to begin winding from dead at the point when the second hand is correct. The advantage, if a small one, is that with my method you don't have to let the watch completely wind down. As has been pointed out before, my kingdom for a hacking function! Please note this is not a COSC movement, and the ability of the watch to keep perfect time is a testament to the care with which the watch is regulated prior to assembly. Kudos to Jorg and his crew!

I ordered this piece with a polished finish, which is perfect and I can find no blemish on it anywhere via the naked eye. It came on the new black strap with deployant buckle. I also ordered an extra brown strap on buckle, which I have yet to use.

I must say, the deployant is not my favourite, as the lock function does not always catch on the first try. However, I have become used to it, and the strap more than makes up for any shortcoming in the clasp. It is quite thick and the white stitching is very attractive.

The stem engages in a confidence-inspiring manner and the crown is easy to grasp. I am not certain of the reserve, but I can easily go 48 hours without winding it before it stops.

This watch represents tremendous value for the money and I constantly get positive comments on it from WIS and non-WIS alike. If you are in the market for a piece at this price point, you really can't go wrong. The face is clear, large and very readable. Only the addition of lume would increase its utility. For me: two thumbs way up. Cheers and happy watching!
    Last edited by redbike; June 14th, 2008 at 06:29. Reason: Accuracy checked prior to post

Re: Some Thoughts on the Marine Original Serial

Congratulations on your first Stowa (and yes we all say it will certainly not our last one!) You've made a fine choice on your MO. But, I don't believe Jorg makes a COSC version for this watch though. Anyhow, I am glad to hear your accuracy is so precise and that makes your watch worth even more than what you paid for. (My MO LE runs only + 1 second for the whole first month. It's unbelievable.)

I am sure you've heard this already, but I am so glad to say it again:

Wear your Stowa MO in great health!!

Cheers....

Thank you for the review. Always great to read about a satisfied customer.
    ToddH

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." Albert Einstein

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Last edited by redbike; May 21st, 2008 at 04:57.

Thread Information