Some Thoughts on my Stowa FO LE

Thread: Some Thoughts on my Stowa FO LE

Some Thoughts on my Stowa FO LE

I have been contacted by a few owners of the Stowa FO LE inquiring how I felt about the watch now that I have acquired number 57/80.Its been about a week plus so the watch is still very new to me but it has been everything I had hoped it would be and more. I currently only have two watches so it is easy to focus my thoughts and impressions on the FO LE. My first impression when I received the watch was how beautifully it was executed in terms of the casework and the wonderful dial. It just looked right and felt right, all of the proportions seemed right. When I put it on my wrist , it fit so comfortably and I have a small wrist (6.5). The leather strap is extremely comfortable and sized very well. Its hard not to dwell on the case. I have had many watches but the case on this one stands out . It is finished so perfectly and is the work that Jorg puts into them is there to be admired. The movement is done with details that have been mentioned here many times but is a pleasure to look at. As I think about many of the watches in my past, this work that Jorg does on the unitas movement is superior with many watches I have had previously. There is so much to like about Stowa watches and the work that Jorg Schauer does with them. I know I am going to be a Stowa collector for many years and look forward to some of the other watches that Jorg will release. It will be interesting to see the watches with the Durowe movements which we may see this year. Many of you fellow owners have contacted me and I have enjoyed our discussions. Thanks to Daniel and Glenn and Otari and Paulo, and of course Ed from the usa who sold me his watch.

https://www.instagram.com/whichwatchsk/

Re: Some Thoughts on my Stowa FO LE

Congrats! I've also enjoyed our email exchanges and I'm very happy that you finally tracked an FO LE down. I agree with everything you've said about the watch--Stowa really does a fine job on everything right down to the fine details. IMHO this watch is better finished than many watches from very popular companies that are many times more expensive, and it is a testament to everyone at Stowa.

Cheers and enjoy,
    Daniel

Daniel, its good to hear from you again. It would be fun someday to have a Stowa get together with owners of not only this watch but other Stowa watches. I have not been to Germany but hope to get there someday. Anyway, I forgot to ask in my post if there is any other information about what Stowa will be releasing this year in terms of new watches both with the Durowe movements as well as other watches. thanks stephen

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Stephen,
    Yes, the honeymoon feeling with my FOLE is still running strong. Mine is back at Stowa right now as the movement for some reason has gone completely unstable, running from +30 to -20 per day each day, regardless of its wound state and position. Anyway...

You will find announcements about new watch releases on this forum. I regularly go to stowa.de to keep in touch as well. Glad you enjoy your FOLE as much as I enjoy mine.

Glen

Glen, when will you be getting your watch back. I know waiting for it to return takes some patience. Have a good day. Stephen

Hi Stephen,
    I have no problem with waiting for the balance assembly to be re-worked to the standard to which it was set. The watch is too new for such a thing. I have a feeling the turn around will be fairly short. I'll keep you in the loop!

These little marvels of enginnering and superior craftsmanship sometimes require attention and readjustment, and this was one of 'em!

The MOLE which keeps +1/day regardless of position will grace my wrist in the meantime...

Glen

Thread Information