Something like the Icarus?

Thread: Something like the Icarus?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Something like the Icarus?

Since the Icarus is discontinued, is there another model that can be had with a dial like the Icarus' silver dial?

I stumbled across the Icarus and simply fell in love with the silver/white face version with the tritium dots. Looks so refined with a touch of tool watch lurking there. So I am wondering if a Flieger can be purchased with an Icarus dial (or some other similar combination)?

Alternatively, does anyone know of any plans by Stowa to issue a new Icarus?

Thanks,
    Tom

redstart

Re: Something like the Icarus?

Quote Originally Posted by mksdad
    Since the Icarus is discontinued, is there another model that can be had with a dial like the Icarus' silver dial?

I stumbled across the Icarus and simply fell in love with the silver/white face version with the tritium dots. Looks so refined with a touch of tool watch lurking there. So I am wondering if a Flieger can be purchased with an Icarus dial (or some other similar combination)?

Alternatively, does anyone know of any plans by Stowa to issue a new Icarus?

Thanks,
    Tom
    I agree. That Icarus dial is a oner. I'd be seriously interested in a watch with such a dial. The subsecond indices and numerals inset from the periphery are matchless. --redstart

Quote Originally Posted by redstart
    I agree. That Icarus dial is a oner. I'd be seriously interested in a watch with such a dial. The subsecond indices and numerals inset from the periphery are matchless. --redstart
    Hey redstart, my original version of this got lost somewhere when the server got busy... so...

Looks like our tastes are quite similar. First the Lagunare, then the Sinn 6060 and now... we meet again.

I have been thinking a great deal about the next watch I buy. I am not a collector but simply looking to acquire 2 or 3 high quality watches to suit various needs... beater, swimming, formal, etc... I already have the beater - a Seiko SKX173, a real workhorse and good looking too boot. I had always assumed I would stick with divers and tool watches of that ilk but the forums here have really opened my eyes to other styles.

That being said, the Icarus just smacked me between the eyes. The silver dial really is excuisite.

Here's to hoping that Herr Schauer has a plan for a new version....

Tom

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

redstart

Quote Originally Posted by mksdad
    Hey redstart, my original version of this got lost somewhere when the server got busy... so...

Looks like our tastes are quite similar. First the Lagunare, then the Sinn 6060 and now... we meet again.

I have been thinking a great deal about the next watch I buy. I am not a collector but simply looking to acquire 2 or 3 high quality watches to suit various needs... beater, swimming, formal, etc... I already have the beater - a Seiko SKX173, a real workhorse and good looking too boot. I had always assumed I would stick with divers and tool watches of that ilk but the forums here have really opened my eyes to other styles.

That being said, the Icarus just smacked me between the eyes. The silver dial really is excuisite.

Here's to hoping that Herr Schauer has a plan for a new version....

Tom
    Tom, I guess we both respond to simplicity and lack of unnecessary adornment. Scanning the composite in my signature, I was startled to find that most of the watches demonstrate those attributes. Mies van der Rohe was right: less is more. --redstart
    Last edited by redstart; July 19th, 2006 at 16:57.

I suppose its kind of like picking stocks - stick to the fundamentals.

Honestly, I am very conventional in my tastes. Really like uncluttered dials (although I appreciate chronographs, the functionality isn't of a lot of use to me so they, therefore, seem "cluttered"). Don't care much for cases that are square (panerai and similar) or elliptical (as much as I appreciate the quality and value of the Stowa Seatime, it too falls into this category).

I suppose we all have our own likes/dislikes...
    Tom

I've seen one like this with Blue hands. If they begin producing it again, I'll purchase.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Addy
    I've seen one like this with Blue hands. If they begin producing it again, I'll purchase.

Jim
    Jim,

The hands are blue,you have to turn the watch to find the right light thats why they always appear to be black the same way as the face appears whute as opposed to silver,

Martin

Rolex ceramic sub
    Breitling B1
    Ennebi Fondale
    Sinn 903 "Cosmanaute"
    Bremont
    Breitling Blacksteel

Like this

Very blue!

"Very blue!"

Great photo's Bruce if it got any bluer it would come in a unmarked wrapping

Martin
    Rolex ceramic sub
    Breitling B1
    Ennebi Fondale
    Sinn 903 "Cosmanaute"
    Bremont
    Breitling Blacksteel

Bruce, those photos are nothing more or less than watch-....! B-)
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information