Soon available: Marine 36 Small Second - Page 6
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Soon available: Marine 36 Small Second

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Re: Soon available: Marine 36 Small Second

Quote Originally Posted by TgeekB View Post
    I do too. People didn’t have large wrists in the past?
    It’s a recent trend that is tiny compared to the timeline watches have existed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So by today's standards, it would look odd
    Stowa, Baume & Mercier, Ball, Fortis, Alpina, Oris

Quote Originally Posted by robi1138 View Post
    So by today's standards, it would look odd
    A 36mm?
    Maybe among the WIS crowd. Maybe not among others.
    To me having a watch the size of a hockey puck looks odd, but that’s just my opinion.

It’s similar to smartphones perhaps. The trend seems to be tablet sized phones. I don’t like anything over 6”. The good thing is there is choice, both in the watch and smartphone markets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    robi1138 likes this.

I think the 36 small seconds looks great! I hope that they take the next logical step and make a Flieger 36 small seconds next. I would buy that in a heartbeat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mike2 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It's definitely a smaller watch but I have two watches in this same case and they wear great on my 7 inch wrist, especially on mesh so there is a little more substance there. But the big dial and narrow bezel make these wear larger than you might think...I have the Antea rose gold dial and also the B2b silver dial and both are stunners.
    Rotating on my wrist this month: Stowa Blue WatchTime Flieger, Sinn EZM9, Sinn T1, Sinn 556 Blue, Stowa Antea LE Polish Forums, Stowa Verus 40, Damasko DS30 greenie, Sinn U1, Stowa Antea Klassik KS Rose, Nomos Tangente Silvercut

I'm hoping Stowa will consider offering this version with silver dial.
    Rotating on my wrist this month: Stowa Blue WatchTime Flieger, Sinn EZM9, Sinn T1, Sinn 556 Blue, Stowa Antea LE Polish Forums, Stowa Verus 40, Damasko DS30 greenie, Sinn U1, Stowa Antea Klassik KS Rose, Nomos Tangente Silvercut

Soon available: Marine 36 Small Second

The Marine 36 small seconds is now listed on STOWA’s website, so no need to order via email. When I inquired over email, they gave me the option of having a black, light grey or dark grey leather strap. The website only shows a black option but it’s worth asking if you prefer grey (I preferred the black).

Here’s the link:
    https://www.stowa.de/en/Marine+36+classic+handwound.htm

That page description is all over the place... looks a bit sloppy. But that watch, now that's a lovely watch. Definitely in my shortlist for the near future.

Also, they named it Marine 36 Small Seconds, without any reference to it being the Arabic version. Maybe the Roman version isn't coming?
    middlepath likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jmariorebelo View Post
    That page description is all over the place... looks a bit sloppy. But that watch, now that's a lovely watch. Definitely in my shortlist for the near future.

Also, they named it Marine 36 Small Seconds, without any reference to it being the Arabic version. Maybe the Roman version isn't coming?
    I agree, the webpage is a tad sloppy. They probably threw it together without fully editing it. I initially noticed that they first state it’s a hand wound 7001 in the description but in the specs it’s listed as a 2824-2 automatic. I’m nit picky I guess.

In the Marine Original small seconds, they do differentiate between Arabic and Roman. Maybe the 36 is only in Arabic.

I didn’t think it was going to be up that fast on the site. I guess I could have just waited as I completed my order via email yesterday. Now for the hard part...

The editing on the page could definitely use some work. I noticed they have automatic thickness and handwound thickness, where it will only be a handwound.

One question I have is, do you think the 10.5mm thickness is correct? One of the benefits of the ETA 7001 is that it is super thin (the Antea KS is under 7mm thick). I guess if they are just reusing the case and caseback it would make sense, but I was hoping they would be able to make it a touch thinner with the 7001 movement

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information