Soon available: Marine 36 Small Second - Page 8
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: Soon available: Marine 36 Small Second

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Soon available: Marine 36 Small Second

Posting here if anyone isn’t following the other thread. Just got mine in and took a few quick shots before I have to scurry off to work. I’ll take some more photos and do a write up this weekend if not before. I have a very square 6.75in wrist, so the top-down shots are probably more accurate to an average 6.5in wrist. Short version of my first impression: it is exactly what I wanted it to be and I’m incredibly happy with it. The size comparison shot is with a Seiko SKX013 (38mm case, roughly 36mm bezel). Stowa was kind enough to ship the watch with a brown strap instead of the black (I wanted a more casual look and will likely be getting a few more straps anyhow).

Thanks to our trusted resource, Mike Stuffler, for starting this thread. I was about a day away from ordering a Flieger 36 when he posted the information on this model. I know I would have loved the flieger but I am certain I made the right choice for me and my small collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mike2; December 4th, 2019 at 20:31.

Soon available: Marine 36 Small Second

Quote Originally Posted by Mike2 View Post
    Posting here if anyone isnít following the other thread. Just got mine in and took a few quick shots before I have to scurry off to work. Iíll take some more photos and do a write up this weekend if not before. I have a very square 6.75in wrist, so the top-down shots are probably more accurate to an average 6.5in wrist. Short version of my first impression: it is exactly what I wanted it to be and Iím incredibly happy with it. The size comparison shot is with a Seiko SKX013 (38mm case, roughly 36mm bezel). Stowa was kind enough to ship the watch with a brown strap instead of the black (I wanted a more casual look and will likely be getting a few more straps anyhow).

Mike, thanks for posting. What a beauty! It looks terrific on your wrist! The comparison to the SKX13 is very useful. And I like it on that brown strap vs black. When ordering the brown, did you have to specify what shade of brown?

Thanks again and enjoy!

Mike2 likes this.

Re: Soon available: Marine 36 Small Second

Posting here if anyone isnít following the other thread. Just got mine in and took a few quick shots before I have to scurry off to work. Iíll take some more photos and do a write up this weekend if not before. I have a very square 6.75in wrist, so the top-down shots are probably more accurate to an average 6.5in wrist. Short version of my first impression: it is exactly what I wanted it to be and Iím incredibly happy with it. The size comparison shot is with a Seiko SKX013 (38mm case, roughly 36mm bezel). Stowa was kind enough to ship the watch with a brown strap instead of the black (I wanted a more casual look and will likely be getting a few more straps anyhow).

Thanks to our trusted resource, Mike Stuffler, for starting this thread. I was about a day away from ordering a Flieger 36 when he posted the information on this model. I know I would have loved the flieger but I am certain I made the right choice for me and my small collection.

Love how thin it is. Wear it in good health!

Sent from my rotary phone using Crapatalk
    Mike2 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Wow congrats, this piece looks amazing in (on?) the flesh.
    Mike2 likes this.

Mike,

Looks really great. Thanks for all the nice photos.

I want one!

Rick
    Mike2 likes this.

Posting here if anyone isn’t following the other thread. Just got mine in and took a few quick shots before I have to scurry off to work. I’ll take some more photos and do a write up this weekend if not before. I have a very square 6.75in wrist, so the top-down shots are probably more accurate to an average 6.5in wrist. Short version of my first impression: it is exactly what I wanted it to be and I’m incredibly happy with it. The size comparison shot is with a Seiko SKX013 (38mm case, roughly 36mm bezel). Stowa was kind enough to ship the watch with a brown strap instead of the black (I wanted a more casual look and will likely be getting a few more straps anyhow).

Beautiful! I still haven't got my Fedex notice. Might not be able to get it before Christmas :(

lvt

Sorry if it has been covered somewhere, but what was the story behind the twisted hands?
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Oh my heart... I love everything here. The diameter, the thickness, the proportion of the hands, arabic numerals, small seconds and crown, that gorgeous movement...

Interesting how it doesn't appear that much bigger than the SKX013, around the same size.
    Mike2 likes this.
    2019/12/06 - present: Seiko Stardust SNK375
    2019/07/05 - present: Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro 600 mk3
    2018/09/19 - present: Casio Royale AE1200WH
    2018/08/14 - present: Cauny Prima (ca. 1980s)

Quote Originally Posted by middlepath View Post
    Mike, thanks for posting. What a beauty! It looks terrific on your wrist! The comparison to the SKX13 is very useful. And I like it on that brown strap vs black. When ordering the brown, did you have to specify what shade of brown?
    Thank middle! I specified that I wanted dark brown just to be sure. I think this color is a default brown for a lot of their non-fliegers. I just asked Sarah for dark brown in our email conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by commanche View Post
    Beautiful! I still haven't got my Fedex notice. Might not be able to get it before Christmas :(
    I know I can't guarantee anything about your wait time, but I didn't get my FedEx notice until Dec 2 and then I picked it up just two days later. So I am guessing once you get the notice, you will be just a few days away from delivery.
    middlepath and commanche like this.

Thank middle! I specified that I wanted dark brown just to be sure. I think this color is a default brown for a lot of their non-fliegers. I just asked Sarah for dark brown in our email conversation.

I know I can't guarantee anything about your wait time, but I didn't get my FedEx notice until Dec 2 and then I picked it up just two days later. So I am guessing once you get the notice, you will be just a few days away from delivery.
    Well! What do you know! I just got fedex email today! Will be getting my watch on Monday! :D

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information