Soon available: Marine 36 Small Second - Page 9
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: Soon available: Marine 36 Small Second

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Soon available: Marine 36 Small Second

Thanks so much for the review and photos, @Mike2. I’ve been interested in marine/deck watches for a long while, especially with small seconds. But with my 6.5” wrist, 6498 versions are too big (often >41mm and a big lug-to-lug) and smaller versions had central seconds, which doesn’t look as cool or nostalgic to me.

This one looks like it checks all of my boxes. The top grade is icing. I might just pull the trigger from your post alone!
    Mike2 likes this.

Re: Soon available: Marine 36 Small Second

Quote Originally Posted by Sir-Guy View Post
    Thanks so much for the review and photos, @Mike2. I’ve been interested in marine/deck watches for a long while, especially with small seconds. But with my 6.5” wrist, 6498 versions are too big (often >41mm and a big lug-to-lug) and smaller versions had central seconds, which doesn’t look as cool or nostalgic to me.

This one looks like it checks all of my boxes. The top grade is icing. I might just pull the trigger from your post alone!
    I agree that even at only 36mm, the central seconds models were just missing the mark for me (even though I have admired the wrist shots from others). There was too much negative space for a dial that is so intensely white for my taste. The seconds subdial brings everything into balance for me. Yes an all-dial, white 41mm watch seems very overwhelming for our small wrists. I am very sensitive to a watch wearing just a bit too large and I was a little nervous that this watch might seem a little large being all dial, but it is so unassuming and it's presence is pleasantly neutral. It doesn't feel big or small to me, it just feels right. I actually sold my black dial Partitio a few years ago because the combo of dial and lugs made the 37mm watch wear slightly too large for comfort.

This watch look great another stowa future classic
    Current collection: Rolex Sea Dweller 16600, Rolex GMT 16750 Pepsi, New Rolex Air King, Sinn 856 UTC Schwartz

Sold: Breitling Navitimer Montbrillant Datora, Breitling Chrono Avenger (1 silver dial and 1 black dial), Omega Seamaster 300, UTS Adventure Automatic, UTS 3000m PVD, Sinn 757 UTC, Sinn U1, Damasko DC66, Armida A1 1000m ETA Superdome, Kobold Artic Diver (Swiss), Zinex Trimix, Zinex Nitrox, MkII LRRP, MkII Sea Fighter, Marathon TSAR, Marathon Navigator, Custom PAM homage 6497, Custom Pilot Unitas 6498 PVD case/movement (FSOT), Wilson Watch Works Vintage Diver, Seiko "Soxa" Mod

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Name:  stowa.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  1.25 MBChristmas came early! Got it with mesh instead, but I have navy shell cordovan straps coming as well. Overall I am very pleased with it :D

Quote Originally Posted by commanche View Post
Size:  1.25 MBChristmas came early! Got it with mesh instead, but I have navy shell cordovan straps coming as well. Overall I am very pleased with it :D
    Now that's a thick strap!

What's your wrist size, for reference?
    2019/12/06 - present: Seiko Stardust SNK375
    2019/07/05 - present: Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro 600 mk3
    2018/09/19 - present: Casio Royale AE1200WH
    2018/08/14 - present: Cauny Prima (ca. 1980s)

All these photos look great. I can't wait for mine to arrive. I have a nice blue leather strap coming to join it.

Quote Originally Posted by jmariorebelo View Post
    Now that's a thick strap!

What's your wrist size, for reference?
    I think 6.5 last time I measured. Yea the mesh is thick but still not as thick as Staib mesh.

Speaking of which, I can now confidently say the mesh is not from Staib (I have 20mm Staib). It was always a mystery to me last time haha

Soon available: Marine 36 Small Second

Christmas came early! Got it with mesh instead, but I have navy shell cordovan straps coming as well. Overall I am very pleased with it :D
    Looks great! Congrats and enjoy!

I’d be curious to see it on that blue cordovan strap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mike2 likes this.

Damn that looks slick! I have a Marine Classic small hands on my wish list and keep going back and forward on it as I hear the case scratches easily? Anyone have experience with that?

Either way, thats a beautiful setup you have there.
    mfseverini likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike2 View Post
    Posting here if anyone isn’t following the other thread. Just got mine in and took a few quick shots before I have to scurry off to work. I’ll take some more photos and do a write up this weekend if not before. I have a very square 6.75in wrist, so the top-down shots are probably more accurate to an average 6.5in wrist. Short version of my first impression: it is exactly what I wanted it to be and I’m incredibly happy with it.

How are you liking your Stowa Marine 36 small seconds?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information