WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Special Delivery - Airman Automatic COSC

5K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  bydandie 
#1 ·
Just received my Airman Automatic no logo with COSC movement in the mail. I'm a very happy camper today. :-!

See less See more
#4 ·
Congrats. Beautiful watch & pics! I am waiting on an airman auto I ordered last week, now I can look at your pics daily until it arrives! How long did yours take-- from placing order 'till it got on your wrist?
regards, Dr. Robert

#7 ·
Thanks everyone! After contemplating on a few flieger watches, I'm glad I went with the Stowa Airman. It was easily worth the wait.

I placed my order August 1st, after Jorg Schauer went on vacation and received the watch this past Friday, so roughly, it took just over a month to arrive.

by the way, does yours have the "made in Germany" on the dial at 6 O' clock position?

I remember reading something about it... curious...
Mine doesn't say "Made in Germany" on the front. I found this thread that mentions something about "Made in Germany" on some of the Airman dials, it might be the same thread you read...
https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?p=1148988#post1148988

#8 ·
Hello M. the Stowa airman w/ no logo has nothing printed on dial-"sterile" in military terms- w/ the original military issue no trace of country of origin! They also had minimal info on back of case-maybe #'s.
regards, Dr. Robert

#14 ·
Congrats on your Stowa. Mine totally blows me away and hasn't been off my wrist since I got it and is now running +1.6 secs per day.
Wow, thats great! It's only been a few days but mine is running +3 secs per day.

Congrats on your gorgeous Stowa.

That is the exact same watch I have been considering.

They do a COSC and non-COSC version.
Can I ask why you paid the extra for the COSC version ?
Do you theink the non-COSC version will be innaccurate ?

Thanks,
Spy
Funny you should ask, I originally ordered it with the non-COSC movement. But a week later, after doing some research on the boards and comparing pics of the non-COSC movement to the COSC, I decided to upgrade and sent an email to Jorg and paid the difference. So to answer you question, the main reason, which might sound vain, is the more refined look of the COSC movement. The second reason would be because of the increased resale value with a COSC movement. I think the accuracy had the least to do with it, as I've read from other owners of the non-COSC, that the accuracy is pretty spot on.

After all's been said and done, I don't regret upgrading, and I'd probably be kicking myself if I didn't. Hope this helps in your decision! :)

#15 ·
This has been a topic often asked on these forums, there's a wealth of information by sticking COSC into the search function. That said, the consensus is that most, if not all, Stowas are well within the COSC specs but that the COSC movement looks better and is less prone to variation from positional movement (ie The way the watch is worn in the non-COSC movement can cause variations whereas the COSC movement isn't.)

The non-COSC movement has hand-blued screws (Done by Stowa) so you get a movement that has a different touch to add to your bespoke watch! :-!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.