Stowa Airman COSC on mesh, and a few thoughts...

Thread: Stowa Airman COSC on mesh, and a few thoughts...

Stowa Airman COSC on mesh, and a few thoughts...

Gentlemen,

Today I received a Stowa Airman COSC/no logo. Beautiful watch, and great service (as usual) from Stowa. I was notified of a slight delay once it was ordered, and they kept to that timeline beautifully.

Once I received it, I thought that I might change to a mesh, as Stowa offers a mesh bracelet which I did not order, and I have a 20mm Omega mesh that I switch through my watches on occasion.

What do you think?

I also have the Flieger Original LE, which I obtained from a forum member. I found out about the FO project just after the list filled up, and thought I'd missed out, but luckily found someone willing to give me a shot-thanks Tyler!

However, by that time, I already had this one on order. I thought I might simply cancel the order, but wanted to see the differences, and also thought this might be a better daily wearer than the more $ FO, and one that I'd worry (slightly!) less about.

My feeling is that this one is a beauty, right up there with the FO in terms of fit/finish. I went with the COSC movement, and I must say that this is the nicest by far 2824 movement I have ever seen. The decoration is simply outstanding, and combined with the German silver rotor, a joy to look at. I am happy I went with this option, as I have a few 2824-based watches, and thought that the undecorated 2824 wasn't too much of a looker. This one is beautiful, and sits like a diamond in an elegant setting.

I think that this version of the Airman B-Uhr fits well in the lineage as a natural progression: if the B-Uhr watches were simply continued on (as Stowa is doing), they might naturally arrive at the ETA 2824 movement (which is a ubiquitous workhorse) as the engine. The other details, such as a bright luminova dial (one of the best dials in the business, as far as I am concerned), sapphire crystal, etc., simply make sense.

Thus, for me, this is a great addition to the collection. I am usually a dive watch collector primarily, but got bitten by the Airman as soon as I saw it. It is understated elegance, and still remains one of the best deals in the watch world.

I don't think you could really get anything like this anyplace else for the money-it's right up there at the top

Chris
    --
    "What you think, you become"

-Buddha

my current collection: '68 Tudor Sub-military, '83 Rolex Seadweller 16660 (matte dial), '62 Rolex Zephyr, Doxa Sub 300T Professional Reissue, Doxa Divingstar 750 GMT, Omega Flightmaster c911, Omega Seamaster 300/date, Omega PloProf 1200, Omega PO Chrono c9300, Seiko MarineMaster 300M, ZRC Etanche Grand Fondes reissue, B&R BR-02, Seiko Scubamaster M726, Helson Sharkmaster Destro, MeisterSinger Scrypto

Re: Stowa Airman COSC on mesh, and a few thoughts...

beautiful piece to your collection! congratulations and enjoy. you're RIGHT on about the elegance of the Airman and how its one of the best deals in watches.
    --AC

Congrats with your Stowa!I got my No-logo COSC airman yesterday on return from vacation and am simply stunned with the quality and totally agree with your comments. I was very interested in your comments in relation to comparing the FO to the Airman.I don't like the mesh bracelet on the Airman but that's personal opinion, enjoy your Stowa! :)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

stuffler,mike

Congrats on the current addition to your collection. The mesh on a Flieger is a matter of taste. I wouldn't wear any Flieger on any mesh bracelet because imho a Flieger has to be on a leather Flieger (inspired) strap.

Very nice--my FO is going on an Omega mesh when I get it. I think it works very well with the watch.

DJK

Thread Information