Stowa Airman question

Thread: Stowa Airman question

Stowa Airman question

I was reading on the website that a serialized version of the manual movement airman will be coming soon. Is there a date associated with that, or was that comment referring to the automatics that are already out there?

I have a few automatic watches now (Omega PO, Tag Heuer 2000), but am becoming a fan of manual movements and the craftsmanship associated with them. If I am going to buy a Stowa, I think I would want it to be manual. Possible future LEs? On the other hand, if I have to settle for auto, that would still be better than a stick in the eye!

ANy info or thoughts would be great.

stuffler,mike

Re: Stowa Airman question

Quote Originally Posted by crock921 View Post
    I was reading on the website that a serialized version of the manual movement airman will be coming soon. Is there a date associated with that, or was that comment referring to the automatics that are already out there?
    Yes there will be a series FO in the time to come. Time will tell, patience is requested. You may also use our search function which will lead you to a great deal od threads/posts regarding the FO.

I have a few automatic watches now (Omega PO, Tag Heuer 2000), but am becoming a fan of manual movements and the craftsmanship associated with them. If I am going to buy a Stowa, I think I would want it to be manual. Possible future LEs? On the other hand, if I have to settle for auto, that would still be better than a stick in the eye!
    There's always the possibility of a limited edition. Stay tuned to the Official Jörg Schauer & Stowa Forum and you will now asap. Furthermore you should take advantage of the newsletter subscription at www.stowa.com.

another LE with same specs? the serial FO with small differences? i am very impatient to know!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by grinhu View Post
    another LE with same specs? the serial FO with small differences? i am very impatient to know!
    Impatient indeed. I spoke about LEs in general - not focussing on a special model or something which is already in the pipeline. Knowing Jörg I know that there will be another Stowa LE at some future time - whatever Jörg will cook up.
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; May 30th, 2008 at 18:27.

When I ordered my MO serial in January, I asked about the Airman and was advised to expect release about mid-year. I am not counting on June of course, but hopefully, before the end of the year!

I have been dealing with Viveca over at Stowa. I am currently 300 on the list. She said I should expect the watch around October. Sapphire back is optional, but is is not an option for me, it is mandatory. The mechanical movement would be wasted behind a massive caseback IMO
    COLLECTION:
    Stowa FO SE Swan Neck (12/11 delivery)
    G-Shock G9000 Stormtrooper, GW-1500
    Movado SE
    Omega Planet Ocean 45.5
    Tag Heuer 2000 Automatic
    One day: Omega Speedmaster

b-uhr with a massive caseback is closer to historical model to me, but i hope everyone can choose the caseback, according to each one will!

it is definitely closer to the original. I just like to look at the shiny spinning parts. :)
    COLLECTION:
    Movado SE
    Omega Planet Ocean 45.5
    Tag Heuer 2000 Automatic

Good news about the Serial Flieger - i know that'll make a lot of people happy on this list...

Crock (and all) its not Stowa related, but after reading your post, realised how good it was to see the old Brewskis team logo! As a Brewer fan in the UK, its been a while since ive seen it! Sorry to go off topic...

Quote Originally Posted by Meles_Meles View Post
    Good news about the Serial Flieger - i know that'll make a lot of people happy on this list...

Crock (and all) its not Stowa related, but after reading your post, realised how good it was to see the old Brewskis team logo! As a Brewer fan in the UK, its been a while since ive seen it! Sorry to go off topic...
    ::OFF TOPIC:: I love that logo. The fans are petitioning here to bring it back. The team wears the retro unies on Friday nights at home. It is really increasing sales and marketing. Team team is 5-1 on this home stand! Go BREW CREW!

Back to watches: yeah I am pretty excited to get my first Stowa.
    COLLECTION:
    Movado SE
    Omega Planet Ocean 45.5
    Tag Heuer 2000 Automatic

Thread Information