Stowa Airman..With or Without The Logo?

Thread: Stowa Airman..With or Without The Logo?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Stowa Airman..With or Without The Logo?

What's your honest opinion? Does the logo detract or act as a bold statement?

Let's hear your thoughts..

Cheers,

Konrad

Re: Stowa Airman..With or Without The Logo?

This issue was the subject of a poll not too long ago.

If you scan it, you'll find that the overwhelming preference here is the "no logo" version, driven primarily by notions of historical "authenticity". A minority do prefer the logo, however, as Stowa is a high quality brand that is meaningful to watch aficionados.

I had a logo/date version and enjoyed it very much. The logo is not too prominent and, in my opinion, does not upset the dial. I also happen to like date features and am glad this watch has a version with that option.
    Last edited by 2manywatchez; August 24th, 2009 at 20:50.

whichever airman you can afford.....they're all fantastic.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the input guys. I'm a little torn over the logo vs no logo dial thing. The historical correctness in me says "NO LOGO", but the other half is saying that the logo is also cool since the Airman is it's own animal.

You see other companies coming out with their own sterile versions and so that part of me says it's nice to have the logo on the dial, like if you were to have the IWC Big Pilot's watch which has their logo visible.

Because the normal Airman automatic doesn't pretend to be anything other than a tribute to it's origins, having the logo on there and a standard crown seems to fit aesthetically IMHO.

In other words, the auto Airman is tipping it's hat to the original but at the same time the watch also has it's own flavour..

Cheers,

Konrad

You get the nicer rotor on the no logo version

Quote Originally Posted by lambstew View Post
    Thanks for the input guys. I'm a little torn over the logo vs no logo dial thing. The historical correctness in me says "NO LOGO", but the other half is saying that the logo is also cool since the Airman is it's own animal.

You see other companies coming out with their own sterile versions and so that part of me says it's nice to have the logo on the dial, like if you were to have the IWC Big Pilot's watch which has their logo visible.

Because the normal Airman automatic doesn't pretend to be anything other than a tribute to it's origins, having the logo on there and a standard crown seems to fit aesthetically IMHO.

In other words, the auto Airman is tipping it's hat to the original but at the same time the watch also has it's own flavour..

Cheers,

Konrad
    You just pointed yourself in the direction of the Airman logo - excellent choice. Get it with an Onion crown and you'll be good to go.

Glen

I don't like logos on anything. I'm old enough to remember when the only logos on clothes were on a little tag at the back of the neck. Nowadays it seems that everyone thinks they're NASCAR drivers or pro athletes. I'm drawn to the no logo and have an FO2 on order. I don't particularly care if someone recognizes the watch I wear. If I did, I'd wear Rolex.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskunk View Post
    I don't like logos on anything. I'm old enough to remember when the only logos on clothes were on a little tag at the back of the neck. Nowadays it seems that everyone thinks they're NASCAR drivers or pro athletes. I'm drawn to the no logo and have an FO2 on order. I don't particularly care if someone recognizes the watch I wear. If I did, I'd wear Rolex.
    ..yep, I hear you..and it's for the very same reason I've been sitting on a fence about this. I don't care about flashing a logo either but I'm also seeing a lot of similar offerings like from Ticino for example, who are also jumping on the no logo bandwagon.

The Airman was Schauer's original entry into reviving the Stowa name back when he resurrected the brand and for a long while all you could buy was an airman with the logo. He put the name on to logically for a new enterprise help spread the word.

Now of course due to demand there is a choice but I also recognize that the logo is unique and not ugly or garish and that having this on the dial gives the watch a different personality or appeal which also isn't lost on me.

In essence the non-logo has become a logo if you catch my drift..

Thanks for your input..the thought process keeps going..

I prefer with Logo and with date.

Quote Originally Posted by lambstew View Post
    In essence the non-logo has become a logo if you catch my drift..
    On the other hand, there are many non-logo flieger-style watches and only one Stowa. The plot thickens!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information