Stowa Antea 365 or 390

Thread: Stowa Antea 365 or 390

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Stowa Antea 365 or 390

Hello all different people seem to have different suggestions for which size to pick. For an average 7" wrist people say 50% 365 and 50% 390.

Here comes my dilemma, this will be my dress watch for work daily and I was wondering with my 7 1/8" wrist which one to get. I feel that the 365 may be too small maybe? Even though the dial is large? I also like the allure of the 390 as being the newer model and all. Both have the blue hands correct?

Would the 390 just look ridiculous on me?

Off Topic : Are there any exercises to increase wrist size? (Sounds insane I know)

Re: Stowa Antea 365 or 390

Hi Armixa

If the decision is this close you should go with the 390 because the trend is towards larger sizes and watches seem to become smaller after you wear them for a few weeks because you adjust to them.

There are several things that will make your wrist larger in circumference. Lifting weights is one and hot (summer) weather is another. In terms of appearance and comfort circumference is much less important than the width of your wrist. I've never noticed a significant variation in the width of my wrist no matter what I was doing.

Enjoy it in good health.

John

Thanks for the quick opinion. Also very off topic but what tool do you need specifically and a link if possible to adjust the deployment clasp/buckle of the 390 or 365?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have a deployant clasp for my IWC, and I'm answering based on my experience with it. I recommend them because they avoid the "pinching" of the strap as it goes through the buckle and therefore extends the life of the strap. This is more of a consideration with an exotic strap like crocodile.

I don't think they are adjustable beyond what the strap would be with the normal buckle. It uses the same pre-punched holes. Installation is very easy with a regular pin. It's the same with removing/installing your current buckle.

Further to my previous e-mail, note that the thickness of the watches is the same at 9.2 as is the strap size at 20. This reduces the difference in the size of the watches when you are wearing them. Both have blued hands, screws, silvered dials etc.
    However, the size difference is bigger than you may realize. It isn't only the width 39 - 35.5/36.5 = 6.8%. It's better thought of as the difference in area (a=pi r squared). 1.194 - 1.046/1.046 = 14.8%. The 390 is significantly bigger.

Still , for yor wrist size, I would recommend the 390 as the appropriate size for this millenium.

John

If you had used the search prior to posting....

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=63177

Hello - I have a 6.5" wrist and have been wearing my Antea 390 daily for almost a month. Previous comments in this thread are right - the watch seems to start much larger and now sits nicely on my wrist.

I have a 6.25" wrist and wouldn't consider the 390 due to its large size. The vintage watches on which it is based were very small by todays standards, and I feel that the style should look somewhat small on the wrist. I wear a KS quite often, and at 35.5mm, it's just about right.

On the other hand, your wrist is larger than mine, but I don't know if it is large enough to warrant 39mm in this style of watch.

Quote Originally Posted by powermaxi2000 View Post
    If you had used the search prior to posting....

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=63177
    I actually read your post and saw those pics, in fact I downloaded your pictures onto my desktop for safe keeping while I make my decision. Just wanted to ask an opinion based on wrist size.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishamon View Post
    I have a 6.25" wrist and wouldn't consider the 390 due to its large size. The vintage watches on which it is based were very small by todays standards, and I feel that the style should look somewhat small on the wrist. I wear a KS quite often, and at 35.5mm, it's just about right.

On the other hand, your wrist is larger than mine, but I don't know if it is large enough to warrant 39mm in this style of watch.

Decisions, Decisions ! I wish I could just buy both but I won't. Anyone else share their tale? Even with wrist circumference I feel its hard to tell based on pictures because everyone's wrist is a different width you could say? the flat area of your wrist?

At least as of now I'm leaning toward the 390 but I also agree with the vintage/classic watch statement that it shouldnt sit so large so that pushes me towards 365. We need a nice 377.5

I ordered the 365 for my 7 inch wrist. I recently received the KS; it is a lovely watch that looks larger than its 35.5mm would suggest. I personally do not like watches that completely fill my wrist, especially for something a little more dressy. For me the 390 would be slightly too large.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information