Stowa Antea 390 arrives in London
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Stowa Antea 390 arrives in London

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Stowa Antea 390 arrives in London

Just a quick post to mark the arrival of my Stowa Antea 390 and thank all of you on the Stowa forum. You really are the best ambassadors a brand could ever have and your enthusiasm for your Stowas gave me the confidence to make my investment.

This is my first ever mechanical watch and I bought it to celebrate the birth of my first son last year. I'm hoping this stunning watch will brighten up Lorcan's wrist one day too.

I also have the feeling that it may just be the start of things, as I have already convinced myself that life won't be complete without a flieger and/or dive watch!

ctyree0 and mitadoc like this.

Re: Stowa Antea 390 arrives in London

Congratulations on your son Lorcan's arrival and your watch too! Well looked after, there's no reason why he won't be able to enjoy it in his time. I remember buying a vintage watch from a grizzled old Scottish horologist in Bath once while at University in the UK. I asked him if I could rely on the watch given it was 50 years old at that point.

He peered over his readers at me and said: "Ay, it'll see you out, son!" I've since parted with that particular watch, but it's still running fine. Your Stowa should do the same.

Enjoy your watch and your son!
    Last edited by redbike; January 29th, 2009 at 23:38.
    Casio: PAW1300-1V
    Nomos: Tangomat (Zeta), Tetra Large (Alpha)
    Rolex: Air King (ca. 1982), Cellini (c.a. 1980)
    Seiko: SNM009 White Samurai, SKX781 Orange Monster, SBDC003 Blue Sumo, SBDC005 Orange Sumo,SNKF07 "BFS", SKX007, 6306 - 7001, 6105 - 8119, 6309 - 7040, SBDX001 Marine Master 300,KS 5625-7040 Hi-Beat Chronometer, SPB015J1 Double Retrograde
    Stowa: Marine Original (Serial), Fleiger Original (Serial)
    Tutima: F2 PR

Thanks for sharing and congratulations.
    autos: Hamilton navy pioneer(sold), stowa partitio, precista prs-22, stowa airman(sold), stowa antea 365, marathon sar(sold), vostok amphibian(sold), black mako(sold), seiko 5 military, sinn 556a

quartz: maurice lacroix, swiss army field, wenger swiss military 2912x, marathon tsar, 2 mudmen, gulfman, breitling colt

hand wind: 1963 seagull chrono(sold), stowa partitio, helbros

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Congrats both on the arrival of your son, and the arrival of the 390!

So you just simply bought the first watch of your son! Congratulation!

stuffler,mike

Welcome to the Official Jörg Schauer & Stowa Forum and welcome to Watchuseek as well. Congrats with your first mechanical watch, you have chosen the right watch to start a collection

Gorgeous watch!

Love it. Looks great on your wrist. I'm jealous of the croc strap though, we in the US can't get it!

What size of wrist do you have? I have a 7.5" and current wear a 43mm Orient Star, but I wonder which would look better the regualar 36.5 or the 39mm...

Quote Originally Posted by bourmb View Post
    What size of wrist do you have? I have a 7.5" and current wear a 43mm Orient Star, but I wonder which would look better the regualar 36.5 or the 39mm...
    I have a 6.5" wrist - face wears pretty big and I have the strap on it's smallest size. There is a thread comparing the 365 and 390 - have a search for it...

Croc strap is very pretty combo, am thinking a smooth padded black strap will sit nicely between those lugs too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information