Stowa Antea KS daily rate issue?

Thread: Stowa Antea KS daily rate issue?

Stowa Antea KS daily rate issue?

Hello guys,

I have been the proud owner of an Antea KS for roughly 1 year and an half by now (purchased new, straight from Stowa). The watch quickly started to gain time (+30 sec a day) within the first 3 weeks of ownership and was fixed. It worths mentioning that the folks at Stowa where extremely professional and accommodating. The watch was quickly repaired and performed beautifully afterward. It turns out that the mainspring was skewed, a manufacturing defect of the part itself that supposedly only shows after a movement get some use.

Anyways, fast forward to today. My Antea steadily ran at -2sec/+2sec a day since the repair but suddenly started to gain or loose time over the past 3 weeks when not worn. It ranges from anything between -6 sec to +11 sec a day depending on the orientation in which it is stored. I can't remember the watch being submitted to any significant physical shock.

I am well aware that those performances figures aren't awful in the grand scheme of things but my Antea used to perform like an especially good chronometer would and it suddenly doesn't.

Is it worths a trip back to the factory while the watch is still under warranty? Does anyone has had similar experience with a Peseux based watch or any Stowa model for that matter?

regards

Seb

Re: Stowa Antea KS daily rate issue?

I am happy/puzzled to report that my watch went back to a very stable and predictable daily rate on its own after few days of constant daily wear. It runs at -3sec a day in the worst case scenario. Go figure...

Seb

Re: Stowa Antea KS daily rate issue?

Glad it worked out. I had a similar issue with an automatic and was informed the most effective way to gauge the accuracy is to wear it. As you mentioned, the timing fluctuates depending on the position the watch rests.
    Last edited by elbilo; January 7th, 2016 at 13:09.
    ~ Eric

Thread Information