Thread: Stowa antea KS rose

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Stowa antea KS rose

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    Three pics I took during the 2018 Genusswanderung

Attachment 14187199

Attachment 14187201

Attachment 14187203
    Thank you for those gorgeous pictures. I'm convinced that I like the watch. It seems like there is nothing quite like it out there.

Just a matter of saving up for a bit now I guess.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Interesting design decision to carry the VI into the seconds subdial. I'd never noticed that before and am not sure if I like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingpicasso View Post
    Interesting design decision to carry the VI into the seconds subdial. I'd never noticed that before and am not sure if I like it or not.
    That is one of the things that I do like. Of all the dial options I like this one best, despite people in another thread thinking it has a cheap department store look to it. The white dial annoys me due to the flipping around of the numerals 4-8. With the Roman numerals this is less obvious and makes for a cleaner design.

The way nomos solved this on their watches alternating stick indices with numerals is a good solution in my mind.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The VI bleeding into the seconds subdial is such a design violation. But that's why I love it! This has been a huge favorite of mine all this year. I have it Milanease mesh and it's fantastic.
    Rotating on my wrist this month: Stowa Blue WatchTime Flieger, Sinn EZM9, Sinn T1, Sinn 556 Blue, Stowa Antea LE Polish Forums, Stowa Verus 40, Damasko DS30 greenie, Sinn U1, Stowa Antea Klassik KS Rose, Nomos Tangente Silvercut

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Atwood View Post
    The VI bleeding into the seconds subdial is such a design violation. But that's why I love it! This has been a huge favorite of mine all this year. I have it Milanease mesh and it's fantastic.
    Would love to hear your thoughts on it in more detail. What do you say to people under the impression that it looks cheap? Any 'in the flesh' pictures you mind sharing? Does it work as a dress watch for you? I really like the Bauhaus design language, and roman numerals. The colour of the dial just adds that bit of warmth preventing the watch from becoming to sterile...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information