Stowa Antea KS vs Antea 365
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Stowa Antea KS vs Antea 365

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Stowa Antea KS vs Antea 365

Hi all and happy new year.
    First of all I´m a big Stowa fan and currently have a Marine 36 Arabic/No date which I love and wear almost every day. I was thinking the other day that I´ve always liked the looks of the Antea especially the KS version. While browsing the Stowa website I noticed that the Antea KS is handwound presumably due to the 7001 movement. I was wondering if there is an automatic version of the KS or just an automatic version with the case dimensions of the KS. I might be willing to forgo the small seconds for the 365 automatic version but the only thing holding me back is the longer lug to lug length of the 365.

I have a 6.5 inch wrist and think that the KS size would suit me best. As a reference the Marine 36 I own has the same lug to lug length as the Antea KS based on the numbers provided on the Stowa site. I´m curious as to your opinion regarding this. Do you think the extra millimeter in case diameter and lug to lug length is enough for one to notice the difference between these two versions of the antea or do you guys think they wear pretty much the same?? I ask because I have a Seiko SNKL23 that has similar lug to lug lenght compared to the antea 365 at least on paper and I sometimes feel that the seiko´s lugs are a bit too long for my wrist since they are straight; and I am not sure if the antea lugs are straight or if they curve down.
    Thanks for your help and input!

Re: Stowa Antea KS vs Antea 365

Im afraid the antea ks only comes in a handwound version. Making it an automatic would add height to the watch so it would probably be similar to the marine 36. The 365 would wear a fair bit larger.

I cant think of any sub 36mm bauhaus style watch that you dont have to hand wind. Handwound Nomos, Stowa and Junghans have good offerings at 35, 35, and 34mm respectively.

Sent from my rotary phone using Crapatalk
    Nokie likes this.

I do notice a difference between the two models, but the lugs extend the same amount from the case, and the difference to me comes from the slimmer case height and skinnier width of the lugs on the Antea KS. The 365 feels chunkier in comparison, while the lugs maybe feel more prominent on the KS because they are relatively longer, despite having the same length.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Handwound Nomos, Stowa and Junghans have good offerings at 35, 35, and 34mm respectively.
    Good alternative suggestions.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderfalken View Post
    I do notice a difference between the two models, but the lugs extend the same amount from the case, and the difference to me comes from the slimmer case height and skinnier width of the lugs on the Antea KS. The 365 feels chunkier in comparison, while the lugs maybe feel more prominent on the KS because they are relatively longer, despite having the same length.
    Now that you mentioned this I looked at the pictures online and it appears that the lugs on the KS protrude more than on the 365 even though they’re both 1 mm longer in both case size and lug to lug length (maybe it’s an illusion from the pictures).
    But yeah the 365 with the shorter/ less protruding lugs might be a good option.
    Thanks to all who have chimed in.

Quote Originally Posted by woiter View Post
    Im afraid the antea ks only comes in a handwound version. Making it an automatic would add height to the watch so it would probably be similar to the marine 36. The 365 would wear a fair bit larger.

I cant think of any sub 36mm bauhaus style watch that you dont have to hand wind. Handwound Nomos, Stowa and Junghans have good offerings at 35, 35, and 34mm respectively.

Nomos Tangente Neomatik is similarly sized with Antea KS (diameter 35.0 mm, height 6.9 mm) and has automatic movement. But the price is almost triple compared to Antea KS.
    https://nomos-glashuette.com/en/tang...e-neomatik-175

Quote Originally Posted by Sasropakis View Post
    Nomos Tangente Neomatik is similarly sized with Antea KS (diameter 35.0 mm, height 6.9 mm) and has automatic movement. But the price is almost triple compared to Antea KS.
    https://nomos-glashuette.com/en/tang...e-neomatik-175
    True, although the price differential with the regular tangente is in my opinion not worth it.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by woiter View Post
    True, although the price differential with the regular tangente is in my opinion not worth it.
    The 3,2mm DUW 3001 with Nomos Swing System is worth the price difference. It beats the Alpha movement by a long way. But that‘s a topic for our German Watches Forum.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    The 3,2mm DUW 3001 with Nomos Swing System is worth the price difference. It beats the Alpha movement by a long way. But that‘s a topic for our German Watches Forum.
    The movement is objectively certainly worth it from an engineering standpoint. It is just not worth it to me. I like handwinders, so cant justify the premium for something that on the outside looks like virtually the same watch.

I have a Farer Stanhope manual wind in addition to the Stowa Marine 36.
    Do you think it’d be overkill to also get the Antea (either KS or 365). I know the antes and marine are very different but do you guys think there’s place for both in a collection? I’m thinking of maybe selling the Farer but might decide against it in the end since it’s a compact and comfortable great watch.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information