Stowa Antea minute hand pointing slightly upwards. Should I care?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Omar Hawk

Thread: Stowa Antea minute hand pointing slightly upwards. Should I care?

Stowa Antea minute hand pointing slightly upwards. Should I care?

Hello,
    I Recently bought my first Stowa, an Antea KS silver dial with milanaise bracelet. Really a very nice watch, I specially love the blued hands that kind of change appearance depending on different light situations - from light blue to black. I don't think I will ever get tired of this watch!

One issue though - the first thing I noticed when unboxing the watch, was that the minute hand (and actually also the hour hand although barely noticeable) is bent upwards, or maybe actually tilted upwards. It's quite easy to see this, as the distance between the hand and its shadow on the dial is a bit wider towards the tip. Anyone else with an Antea (or other stowa for that matter) noticed this?

Thanks in advance,
    Alec

Re: Stowa Antea minute hand pointing slightly upwards. Should I care?

Quote Originally Posted by Klocko View Post
    Hello,
    I Recently bought my first Stowa, an Antea KS silver dial with milanaise bracelet. Really a very nice watch, I specially love the blued hands that kind of change appearance depending on different light situations - from light blue to black. I don't think I will ever get tired of this watch!

One issue though - the first thing I noticed when unboxing the watch, was that the minute hand (and actually also the hour hand although barely noticeable) is bent upwards, or maybe actually tilted upwards. It's quite easy to see this, as the distance between the hand and its shadow on the dial is a bit wider towards the tip. Anyone else with an Antea (or other stowa for that matter) noticed this?

Thanks in advance,
    Alec
    Hi Alec,

I'm sure some pictures would help. Might be tough to take though.

Myron

I'd send it back personally

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Klocko View Post
    Hello,

Thanks in advance,
    Alec
    Hi,
    As far as I know this is specific to the Peseux 7001 movement. There is very little space (vertically) to mount the hour and minute hand in a way that the hour hand doesn't interfere with the small second hand and that the hour and minute hand don't interfere each other. Due to this watch manufacturers bend the hour and especially the minute hand a little upwards. Of course it shouldn't be bent too much so that the minute hand is touching the glass on the inside. Nomos, who used a standard Peseux 7001 movement in their beginning (and is using a quite modificated Peseux 7001 movement today) in its Tangente watch, is having a similar "issue".

So don't worry too much. Nevertheless I would email Stowa to seek their opinion.

Regards, Omar

Last edited by Omar Hawk; September 19th, 2011 at 12:58.
    clubbtraxx likes this.

It's hard to tell if you're just being picky or if there's a problem. I've never noticed the issue with my KS. Although now that you've brought my attention to the minute hand, indeed it does slope slightly up, but so slightly that I'd never notice it if I hadn't looked for it, and it doesn't at all look like something's amiss. That said, your watch might have a bigger problem. And either way, if this thing's going to bother you, I'd try to get to the bottom of it.

Hi Klocko,

here are some pics in high resolution:

STOWA: Size doesn't matter!

Are there any differences to your KS?

Volker

Dear Klocko,

Please contact Stowa as I am sure they will have a remedy for you!

Ren

Guess I'll have to set up the tripod and try to get some good pics then... Thanks for replying anyway, It would feel better if there is a reasonable explanation such as the Peseux movement being built this way, like Omar suggested above! (and no, it doesn't at all touch the glass, it's just barely noticeable).Regards,K
    Last edited by Klocko; September 21st, 2011 at 05:35.

Thread Information