Stowa brushed Case finishing
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Stowa brushed Case finishing

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30
  1. #1
    Member The Naf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    2,258

    Stowa brushed Case finishing

    Hi all

    Very simple question. Are Stowa's Marine/Flieger brushed cases finished in the inter-lug space? I've had a number of watches before where the space between the lugs were either un-finished or the finishing was sub-par when compared to the rest of the case. It's not an uncommon practice from what I gather as apparently even Rolex don't finish this area on their Sports watches.

    Im trying to decide between polished or brushed case for a possible Stowa purchase and this information would assist.

    Cheers

    The Naf
    One watch kinda guy
    "My watch does a lot more than just tell the time...
    it tells a life story..."

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    64

    Re: Stowa brushed Case finishing

    Hi, I own a Flieger which has a brushed case. The area between the lugs are brushed as well and there is no noticeable difference in the brush quality from the rest of the watch case (to me at least). hope that helps
    The Naf likes this.

  3. #3
    Member The Naf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    2,258

    Re: Stowa brushed Case finishing

    Quote Originally Posted by noizer View Post
    Hi, I own a Flieger which has a brushed case. The area between the lugs are brushed as well and there is no noticeable difference in the brush quality from the rest of the watch case (to me at least). hope that helps
    Certainly does. Thanks mate

    The Naf
    One watch kinda guy
    "My watch does a lot more than just tell the time...
    it tells a life story..."

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member Nokie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    23,875

    Re: Stowa brushed Case finishing

    My brushed case is also brushed between the lugs.
    The Naf likes this.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

    "The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

  6. #5
    Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Hague-Amman-London-Berlin
    Posts
    49,289

    Re: Stowa brushed Case finishing

    All my polished Stowa watches are on par polished between the lugs. Can't think of Jörg doing half-baked case polish. Not Jörg.
    The Naf likes this.
    Kind regards
    Mike


    Instagram @mikestuffler

  7. #6
    bay
    bay is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    579

    Re: Stowa brushed Case finishing

    Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    All my polished Stowa watches are on par polished between the lugs. Can't think of Jörg doing half-baked case polish. Not Jörg.
    Agreed -- Stowa takes pride in their case finishes, and the cases show it.
    Last edited by bay; May 2nd, 2016 at 17:59. Reason: typo
    The Naf likes this.

  8. #7
    Member The Naf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    2,258

    Re: Stowa brushed Case finishing

    Cheers. Thanks all

    The Naf
    One watch kinda guy
    "My watch does a lot more than just tell the time...
    it tells a life story..."

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Buskerud
    Posts
    136

    Re: Stowa brushed Case finishing

    I have to say something different.

    It could be that I was treated specially with a different case. But the watch case, I received is not with equally good brushed finish in the areas you are asking. At most, it is roughly brushed in these areas. This did not bother me that much, since these areas are mostly covered by strap.

    What disappointed me most is the case cutting between the lugs and the main body, of the four inner corners, two are poor (5 and 11 o’clock direction), not cut regularly at all!!

    This watch never grows into me, particularly, because of the case quality.
    Of course the date leans too left in the date window is another much smaller killer.


    Therefore I sold it few month after buying it. The buyer, a young guy, contacted me frequently before purchase, and chased me for postage. After I sent him the watch, he was absolutely quiet. I assume he is equally unimpressed as me, if not worse. Anyway, he bought from me with bargain price, so if he wants to sell, no problem.
    Attached Images Attached Images



    Last edited by Gerrard8; May 2nd, 2016 at 18:38.
    The Naf likes this.

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    25

    Re: Stowa brushed Case finishing

    Hello,

    I have a brushed Marine Original that was delivered on their rubber strap. While I'll admit that I never took off the strap, it is thin enough to give an unobstructed view of the case between the lugs and the inner part of the lugs. The case seems very evenly finished everywhere.

    Seb

    Name:  _2160009.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  972.5 KB
    The Naf likes this.

  11. #10
    Member The Naf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    2,258

    Re: Stowa brushed Case finishing

    Quote Originally Posted by Gerrard8 View Post
    I have to say something different.

    It could be that I was treated specially with a different case. But the watch case, I received is not with equally good brushed finish in the areas you are asking. At most, it is roughly brushed in these areas. This did not bother me that much, since these areas are mostly covered by strap.

    What disappointed me most is the case cutting between the lugs and the main body, of the four inner corners, two are poor (5 and 11 o’clock direction), not cut regularly at all!!

    This watch never grows into me, particularly, because of the case quality.
    Of course the date leans too left in the date window is another much smaller killer.


    Therefore I sold it few month after buying it. The buyer, a young guy, contacted me frequently before purchase, and chased me for postage. After I sent him the watch, he was absolutely quiet. I assume he is equally unimpressed as me, if not worse. Anyway, he bought from me with bargain price, so if he wants to sell, no problem.
    I can definitely see what you are talking about. Thanks for your honest feedback

    The Naf
    One watch kinda guy
    "My watch does a lot more than just tell the time...
    it tells a life story..."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. Very RARE! Vintage Casio G-Shock DW-5600C JAPAN S case. Speed model with beautifull case finishing!
      By amel dw-5xxx in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: October 14th, 2015, 21:38
    2. What tool is this? (For Brushed Finishing)
      By kremzeek in forum Watchmaking
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: April 13th, 2013, 00:40
    3. WTB - Stowa Marine Automatic w/Brushed Case
      By woodenbull in forum WTB - Wanted to Buy
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: November 20th, 2009, 19:25
    4. SOLD - Stowa Marine Automatic w/Brushed Case,Onion Crown
      By woodenbull in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: August 2nd, 2009, 22:29
    5. Stowa PD case finish? brushed or Beadblast?
      By stockae92 in forum Jörg Schauer & STOWA
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: June 28th, 2007, 21:08

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •