Stowa Chronograph 1938 - thickness matched to shirt & suit
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bhanu Chopra

Thread: Stowa Chronograph 1938 - thickness matched to shirt & suit

Stowa Chronograph 1938 - thickness matched to shirt & suit

Hi Guys,

I had the trigger pulled on one of these but I held off. Your real life experience will determine whether I buy one of them or not. I had a response from somebody indicating that they do in fact wear one with dress shirts but perhaps I was not specific enough in raising my issue...

The issue is, for those who in fact own and wear, or have done so, this beautiful watch, how do you find it matches to a shirt & suit look ?

I ask because despite reassurance (or rather one apparent reassurance) I cannot understand how a watch which is in excess of 14 mm thick can possibly be accommodated comfortably/stylishly/appropriately with dress shirt cuff & suit jacket. The 1938 chrono is thicker than my seiko marinemaster...but your real life experiences (those who bought/wear/recommend it as dress watch) would be greatly appreciated by me - it can sometimes be that the profile of a watch is less steep despite thickness and so shirt cuffs easily move over it.

If despite my belief based on measurements alone this watch can be successfully worn with a suit & dress shirt then my collection is complete for now and I can rest easy - and I will sign up for one tomorrow. If not, I must keep looking.

Thanks

Watchuseek Journalist Bhanu Chopra's Avatar

Re: Stowa Chronograph 1938 - thickness matched to shirt & suit

I have now been wearing the chrono for a year with my suit and there is absolutely no doubt it will fit and look great. When I tried the black dial chrono this year in Basel, it looked even better with suit than the one I own. So, I will wear one with jeans and the other with suits - problem solved If you do a search on WUS, you will find pictures of both the watches.
    Best of luck!
    Bhanu
    Coler likes this.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

You already made your judgement, didn't you ?!

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f106/st...ml#post4161347
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by hotnerd View Post
    I have now been wearing the chrono for a year with my suit and there is absolutely no doubt it will fit and look great. When I tried the black dial chrono this year in Basel, it looked even better with suit than the one I own. So, I will wear one with jeans and the other with suits - problem solved If you do a search on WUS, you will find pictures of both the watches.
    Best of luck!
    Bhanu
    Thanks Bhanu - that's quite reassuring.

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    You already made your judgement, didn't you ?!

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f106/st...ml#post4161347
    Yes.

Then I etched it into stone tablets and gave it to a wandering tribe so they could use it as their unchangeable system of laws for ever more.

Hey Coler,
    My personal opinion is that 12 mm height is absolute max for a dress watch. I wear French cuff shirts - and even with that thickness they might not perfectly go under the cuff.
    Peter

Thread Information