Stowa Deployment Buckle? - Page 2
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Stowa Deployment Buckle?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Stowa Deployment Buckle?

Quote Originally Posted by P. Ortiz View Post
    Busted. Don't I feel foolish! I never looked at the name of the original author...only read the text. No wonder the experience was similar. I forgot I'd written that back in March. It did however, jog my memory: I tried the deployment clasp on the Khaki King with a couple of straps...first a custom one that was 20mm throughout. Next, I tried it on a tapered 20/16 Bison strap. Neither felt right so I went back to the regular clasp. For what it's worth, I still wear the Marine Original on the deployment. Kudos to you for your keen awareness. T'was better than mine.

I also have a 40mm Stowa Flieger that I purchased with the deployant. But I ended up just getting a buckle because it took too long to take on and off easily. And the standard strap with its soft leather feels much more comfortable without the extra bulk.
    But my favorite is the black, handstitched Stowa strap without the rivets. It's a little thinner, very comfortable, and it feels better on my 6 3/4 inch wrist not having the extra thickness and metal keeper. It also turns the Flieger into a dressy watch.

Quote Originally Posted by P. Ortiz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinzan View Post
    I’m confused—you’re siting your previous post and saying it’s exactly the same experience you had? :-?
    Busted. Don't I feel foolish! I never looked at the name of the original author...only read the text. No wonder the experience was similar. I forgot I'd written that back in March. It did however, jog my memory: I tried the deployment clasp on the Khaki King with a couple of straps...first a custom one that was 20mm throughout. Next, I tried it on a tapered 20/16 Bison strap. Neither felt right so I went back to the regular clasp. For what it's worth, I still wear the Marine Original on the deployment. Kudos to you for your keen awareness. T'was better than mine.
    Lmao, that was funny.
    To the OP, did you figure anything out? I am in the same boat as you, I can’t stand the original strap because of it. I ended up buying an entirely different strap.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I tried the rubber strap with deployment on my Stowa 90th Anniversary.... not as comfortable as the leather but obviously a better option if you spend time around water:

https://www.stowa.de/en/Rubber+strap.htm

One thing to remember is that Stowa make leather straps in two lengths. I was between sizes... bought both and found that I get the best fit with the shorter version in that the buckle is then entered to the inside of my wrist. This seems to help portion the watch better on my wrist.

Worth considering.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information