Stowa and Drums

Thread: Stowa and Drums

Stowa and Drums

Hello!

Firstly, I must apologize to all if I make any Newbie mistakes here.

I will soon be in possession of a Stowa Antea 365. After 37 years, my first "real" watch. I'm very excited!

I play drums, fairly agressively I might add. Until now, I've never thought about removing my watch before practicing or performining. With this particular watch on my wrist, however, what are your thoughts about removing it before playing?

Thanks for your time!

Re: Stowa and Drums

Hi there,

From one noob to another, I'd take it off. From my experience with drummers they tend to get quite sweaty when they get into it. I think you'd probably get a lot of sweat all over the watch. Sweat has some kind of disgusting stuff in it: "Sweat contains mainly water. It also contains minerals, as well as lactate and urea." (Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweat)

I've got a beater watch that I wear when I exert myself--it's stainless and has a stainless band. After some years of use I noticed that it had gunk in it. Don't know exactly what it is, but I had to take a toothbrush to it. I'd probably prefer not to regularly get urea on my $1000 piece of German master craftsmanship.
    Last edited by Cursor; June 23rd, 2008 at 06:42.

stuffler,mike

Using the search function you may look for watches and golf.................

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'm definitely not sure, but I think the stress in playing drums for the watch could be more extreme than with playing golf e.g. regarding the "number of hits". However I also know a drummer that wears a mechanical watch (China Unitas). So either give it a try or go for a dedicated drumming watch.

Hi there,

I also play drums and I don't put off my Seatime when drumming. It is my one and only and I have it since may 2005. I wear it also when biking, running, swimming etc. Until now, there is everything O.K with it.

But I have to say, that I don't play an agressive style. More funky, groovy and sometimes some bebop.

Jack

Great question. I sometimes wonder if my vigorous shaking while mixing drinks will knock my watch out of whack. No problems yet, but that's not as continous as drumming. ;)

Thread Information