Stowa Flieger 43mm on 7.5"/190mm wrist
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Stowa Flieger 43mm on 7.5"/190mm wrist

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can anyone share photos and thoughts of the Stowa Flieger 43mm on a larger wrist (7.5"/190mm)? I am investigating pilot watches and I keep coming back to Stowa's Fliegers, but is 43mm too small for my wrist? I have always worn 45+ watches with 24mm bands. I realize there are larger fliegers out there outside of Stowa, but the Stowa is waterproof enough for swimming and I think I would prefer the 24mm band vs 22mm. Thanks in advance.

Re: Stowa Flieger 43mm on 7.5"/190mm wrist

I wear the Klassik Sport on a 6.5 inch wrist and think it's fine. If that's what you mean, you should be OK, too.
    The next watch I get will definitively, finally, and without a question, be my last one!

Quote Originally Posted by Tanjecterly View Post
    I wear the Klassik Sport on a 6.5 inch wrist and think it's fine. If that's what you mean, you should be OK, too.
    The Klassik Sport is a 43mm case width, 24mm band width on your 6.5" wrist. I would like to see photos of that 43mm watch on a 7.5" wrist. I have no other way to guess how it will fit my wrist and I don't want it to be too small/dainty on me. Thanks.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I don't have this watch, but I do have a 7.5" wrist and wear the 40mm Flieger. It looks great, in my opinion. My largest watch is a 43.5mm planet ocean, which may have a similar wrist presence. Absent photos of the Klassik, I could post photos of the Stowa and PO on my wrist for perspective, if you would find it helpful.

Stowa
    -- Tudor -- Omega -- Damasko -- Longines

Quote Originally Posted by BriarAndBrine View Post
    I don't have this watch, but I do have a 7.5" wrist and wear the 40mm Flieger. It looks great, in my opinion. My largest watch is a 43.5mm planet ocean, which may have a similar wrist presence. Absent photos of the Klassik, I could post photos of the Stowa and PO on my wrist for perspective, if you would find it helpful.
    Yes please, if and when you have time. I appreciate it. I realize it's the 40mm but that will help me see the size. Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Here you go:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    mule and wkw like this.

Stowa

Here you go:

The 40mm Stowa fits your wrist nicely, better than I was expecting. The PO at 43.5mm looks good too, and I suspect it has 22mm lugs and bracelet? The 43mm with 24mm lugs might look just right on my wrist. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by mule View Post
    The 40mm Stowa fits your wrist nicely, better than I was expecting. The PO at 43.5mm looks good too, and I suspect it has 22mm lugs and bracelet? The 43mm with 24mm lugs might look just right on my wrist. Thanks for sharing.

I haven’t measured, but that may be right. I find both watches fit me well. I had a 45mm for a while, which was really pushing it in my opinion. But, this Omega wears smaller than I expected...closer to a 42mm diver.

So, if you like the way it looks on my wrist, I suspect you’ll be satisfied with the 43mm watch in yours. Post pics after you get it in!

mule likes this.

Stowa

I haven’t measured, but that may be right. I find both watches fit me well. I had a 45mm for a while, which was really pushing it in my opinion. But, this Omega wears smaller than I expected...closer to a 42mm diver.

So, if you like the way it looks on my wrist, I suspect you’ll be satisfied with the 43mm watch in yours. Post pics after you get it in!

What is the lume like your on Stowa Flieger compared to other watches? Is it a blue-ish glow like the Steinharts or more on the green-ish side? I am getting close to pulling the trigger. I am leaning towards the 43mm A type dial, but I do like your B type dial, so it is making it difficult for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mule View Post
    What is the lume like your on Stowa Flieger compared to other watches? Is it a blue-ish glow like the Steinharts or more on the green-ish side? I am getting close to pulling the trigger. I am leaning towards the 43mm A type dial, but I do like your B type dial, so it is making it difficult for me.
    The lume is fine. It's a green color, though I don't recall the name of the material. It's still visible in the dark of early morning, if it's charged for a few seconds before I go to bed. It's not going to blow you away like a Pelagos' lume might, but it's perfectly visible in my experience. It's on par with lume from my Damasko DA46, and also watches I've owned by Longines, Tag, & Oris.

Stowa

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information