Stowa Flieger Baumuster B Rotor?

Thread: Stowa Flieger Baumuster B Rotor?

Stowa Flieger Baumuster B Rotor?

Good Morning,

A little over a year ago I purchased a Stowa Flieger Baumuster B and today is about the tenth time I wore this watch.
    As I was about to put it on I noticed looking through the back that the rotor hardly moves, unlike my Schauer Kulisse #10 which with little effort the rotor spins a few times.
    Is this normal for this model of Stowa?

Also could you please tell me about and show me some pictures of your Stowa Prodiver?
    I am about to purchase a new one.

Thank you.

Judd

Re: Stowa Flieger Baumuster B Rotor?

Dear Judd,

I have had my Flieger B dial since Early August and have worn it almost exclusively. The rotor moves effortlessly! I think that you need to wear the watch more to make sure it is well broke in and give the oils a chance to work. After you have worn the watch a while you will know better if there is an issue with the rotor or not!!! I have also read that this movement should not be manually wound, so the best way to start it is to gently rock it back and forth until it starts,then it can be set and worn. My 2824-2 is a COSC movement and maintains accuracy at 2 to 3 seconds fast per day!! I also recently wore the watch all day and then left it to run down, it did finally, 36 hours and twenty minutes later! It's hard to know if it was fully wound, but I was happy with it none the less.

I like you have been looking to purchase a diver and have looked at many a watches and I keep coming back to the Seatime prodiver!! There are several I really like, the Omega P.O., IWC Aquatime and the Stowa Prodiver. As of right now I think I have narrowed it down to the IWC and the prodiver. I can order the prodiver with the COSC movement, both rubber and metal strap for 1600 dollars or I can spend about 6000 dollars for the IWC with both straps. I do love the look of both watches and feel that they are both of very high quality, so now I guess it gets down to which style I like best and do I really need to spent 6k on a watch. I think for me at least the answer is the prodiver, at less than a third of the cost, I get a unique look, superb craftmanship and great value!!! To let you know,I don't spend my money easily, I do my research and need to get the most for my money, the Stowa allows me to have a great watch at a very reasonable price. With the money I saved on the diver, who knows maybe a Stowa chronograph is next!!

Also if you go to the dive watch forum, you will find that I asked for opinions on the Stowa prodiver, plenty pictures there!!

Good Luck,

Ren
    Last edited by Renisin; September 8th, 2011 at 19:01.

If the rotor seems to stick at certain points or at the same point in its rotation and it does not break free, you might need to have it looked at by a watchmaker. Mine was sticking at a certain point in its rotation when I received it and I repositioned the movement ever so slightly and now it spins quite freely in both directions.

Here are a few Prodiver images. You can't go wrong with this watch - a very substantial timepiece, indeed!

Glen

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi Judd,

I have the Flieger B, too, and the rotor turns very freely. I have many other watches with this same movement, some finished more finely, some less so, and they all turn freely. I don't think this is break-in issue. I think this is a partially stuck rotor.

Sorry no ProDiver to post pics of.

Kind Regards to All,

Myron
    Kind Regards,

Myron

I would wear it an see if it keeps the watch wound. It it does, then all is fine.

You Guys are probably right,

Just thought to start there and then work up to something more serious!

Ren

Thread Information