Stowa Flieger Classic 6498 strap length / thickness queries
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By conquistador

Thread: Stowa Flieger Classic 6498 strap length / thickness queries

Stowa Flieger Classic 6498 strap length / thickness queries

Hi there, thinking of pulling the trigger on this one but got a couple of questions regarding the strap it comes with:

1) Spoken to someone via email at Stowa and was recommended to take the shorter strap length as my wrist size is about 6.5 inches flat top. Any opinions on this?

2) Any kind soul(s) willing to provide me with the strap lengths for both the (a) standard and (b) short straps?

3) I assume the strap thickness should be similar for either strap length, could someone provide me with the strap thickness of the default strap?

For questions (2) and (3), I have enquired with Stowa over email on 30 Dec 2019 and they have agreed to do so on 4 Jan 2020 but I have not had any correspondence with them since. I have therefore opted to seek the answers here. Appreciate all help rendered. Thanks!

Re: Stowa Flieger Classic 6498 strap length / thickness queries

Got my answers if anyone's interested.

Short: 125/70
    Normal: 135/80

Thickness: Approx. 3.5mm
    jmariorebelo likes this.

Not exactly on topic, but I got a handstitched short strap, my wrist is 6.5 inches too, I wear watches tight, the short straps shortest hole was extremely loose for me

I compared it to some other regular straps, which are usually normal/long by default, the shortest position of Stowa's strap was either on par, or longer than the straps I compared

You didn't get a reply as they were on Holiday, I'd say definitely go for a short one

TL;DR: Even though they say short, it's not really short enough :/

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yeah, my medium Hirsch strap is 110/70, calling 125/70 short is definitely not normal
    2019/12/06 - present: Seiko Stardust SNK375
    2019/07/05 - present: Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro 600 mk3
    2018/09/19 - present: Casio Royale AE1200WH
    2018/08/14 - present: Cauny Prima (ca. 1980s)

Yup, my medium strap is basically useless. Also, the straps fit very poorly because they are not centered correctly due to the deviation from standard practice.
    Just get a strap from some other manufacturer altogether, like Hirsch.

I got the regular strap with it and it fits my 7.5 inch wrist fine, been one of the few brands that do. If your on the smaller size, the smaller one will probably be a better fit. I also found the straps to be of lower quality as well. I had multiple straps for the watch from the beginning and i have never went back to the original stowa strap that came with it.

Quote Originally Posted by KHHAANNN View Post
    Not exactly on topic, but I got a handstitched short strap, my wrist is 6.5 inches too, I wear watches tight, the short straps shortest hole was extremely loose for me

I compared it to some other regular straps, which are usually normal/long by default, the shortest position of Stowa's strap was either on par, or longer than the straps I compared

You didn't get a reply as they were on Holiday, I'd say definitely go for a short one

TL;DR: Even though they say short, it's not really short enough :/
    Which watch did you purchase? The 6498 Flieger? If so (like you claimed "extremely loose on the shortest setting), that doesn't sound like very good news.

Quote Originally Posted by jmariorebelo View Post
    Yeah, my medium Hirsch strap is 110/70, calling 125/70 short is definitely not normal
    Thanks, I was still leisurely thinking the regular one shouldn't be much of a problem. May have to opt for the short one then.

Quote Originally Posted by fracture. View Post
    Yup, my medium strap is basically useless. Also, the straps fit very poorly because they are not centered correctly due to the deviation from standard practice.
    Just get a strap from some other manufacturer altogether, like Hirsch.
    Quote Originally Posted by fgarian View Post
    I got the regular strap with it and it fits my 7.5 inch wrist fine, been one of the few brands that do. If your on the smaller size, the smaller one will probably be a better fit. I also found the straps to be of lower quality as well. I had multiple straps for the watch from the beginning and i have never went back to the original stowa strap that came with it.
    Other straps were always part of the plan, but they would have to come after I received the watch so I can get a better custom fit. Hope the default strap isn't that hopeless.

Thread Information