Stowa Flieger dilemma

Thread: Stowa Flieger dilemma

Stowa Flieger dilemma

Hi all,
    I am following the forum for some time now but this is my first post.
    I got a s/h Flieger automatic as a place holder for my Sinn U that went for a service and took a liking in Stowa watches.. Sold the Sinn, which was to heavy for me anyway, and call now a MO LE2 and the Flieger special edition my own.

Now, I always wanted a hand wound Flieger and was happy to get one of the special editions 2 months ago. But i really miss the blued hands.
    Im drawn between forgoing the 2801 and get a Flieger auto no logo with blued hands instead or enjoy the hand wound movement.

I asked Stowa if they could retro fit my watch with blued hands but they seem to be in rather short supply and are reserved for new watches.

Guess a LE would be the ideal solution but I cant see any of them crossing my way soon ;)

Andre

Re: Stowa Flieger dilemma

I know this dilemma. I also really wanted a 2801 Flieger. Last winter, realizing that this watch might not become available for a very long time, I decided to buy a Flieger automatic.

When the Special Edition Flieger was announced in May, I spend about five days trying to decide if the blued hands were more important to me than the 2801 movement. In the end, but I decided that—for me, at least—they were equally important, and I would keep the Flieger automatic in the hopes of one day getting a 2801 with blued hands. This is obviously very subjective, however, and it really comes down to what matters most to you.

I agree that a LE would be ideal. I really, really, really wish that Stowa could find some way to make this watch available again.

Keep your eye on the sales forum. The 2801 LE with blued hands come up every now and then. That's where I got mine (which I flipped for some stupid reason!!!! Oh, the regret!). They fetch a premium, though. Who knows what Stowa has coming down the pipe.
    Labitur occulte fallitque volatilis aetas, et nihil est annis velocius. Ovid Met. 10.519-20.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Ditto on this dilemma. In the end, I decided that the manual movement was most important and that I could live with the black hands. I certainly do miss the blued hands, but this is certainly not the last Stowa I'll own either, so I prefer to look at it as an instance of variety in my small Stowa collection.
    Kind Regards,

Myron

If I was choosing cleanly between the 2801 with the black hands and the automatic with the blued hands, I probably would go with the former. As I already had a Flieger auto, however, the difference just wasn’t great enough to justify getting another watch—especially as I only bought the auto version a few months before.

My wife also had a role in this. It turns out that she actually is very impassioned about blued hands and made a number of compelling arguments in their favor.

I know it's been a few years but I'm still mad about the situation with the 2801 LE...

I wanted that watch so bad... I was so upset over the situation it almost turned me off of Stowa all together.

I had thought about just pulling the trigger on a auto but just can't get over wanting a manual flieger.

can't do black hands... must be blue.

I really hope Stowa makes another run of these... maybe this time with see through back to differentiate it from the LE.

anyway, I feel your pain.

never a good idea to settle. Keep looking. perhaps LE might come your way.

I decided to hold on to my special edition. Guess I could always get an older battered Flieger auto and have the hands swaped ;)

Canard, funny, I got my wife excited about blued hands as well :) She wanted a simple Bauhaus inspired watch and loved the look of the black Nomos.
    (Tried to sell her the Stowa Antea but she preferred Nomos with even less numbers on the dial)
    In the end I got here the classic white Nomos Tangente with blued hands and she is absolutely loves the blued hands.

I really wish the 2801 movement for the Flieger was an option you could choose when buying the watch—sort of like the Peseux 7001 movement in the Antea line. Getting movements has become very difficult, of course, but given the number of us who really want one, I’m hoping that Stowa eventually will be able to do something.

And Ebbisham, this is an odd coincidence. I talk to my wife about watches a lot, and I think that mostly she is patient, but she will become interested in particular details. As much as she likes blued hands, she is really taken by the red hands on the Nomos Club. I’m trying to talk her down to a Partito, but am not making very much progress.

Thread Information