STOWA - Flieger Original - new information
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: STOWA - Flieger Original - new information

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thumbs Down STOWA - Flieger Original - new information

I have been waiting for my Stowa Flieger Original since 2008.

After several delays. In 2010, I was told my FO will be ready in July 2011.

Last week, I sent Stowa an e-mail regarding the delivery time of the watch.

The following is the response by Stowa. Has anybody received a similar notice?

Dear Customer,

a fairly long time you are now waiting for your ordered Flieger Original.
    Once again we would like to thank you for your patience and fidelity.

Unfortunately we cannot keep the delivery date stated by us.

Mr. Schauer decided to produce this watch by himself as experience has shown that a lot of expert knowledge and utmost accuracy is required to make sure that the Flieger Original will be perfect.

Currently we have a delay in delivery of 3-4 months. We cannot give you a reliable commitment when we can ship the Flieger Original and whether we can recover this delay or not.

If you want to keep up your order despite this delay we will of course deliver it as confirmed.

We understand that this situation is not satisfying and that this new delay is a new ordeal for you. Therefore we would like to offer you an alternative in case that you don't want to wait this long.

In case that you want to order another model of our collection instead of the Flieger Original we can grant you a discount of 10 %. At the Basle fair we have for instance introduced our new Flieger Chrono and also further new models. For these watches the delivery time stated in our online shop is valid.

This offer is not limited and also valid for orders at a later date.

Thank you in advance for your understanding.

Kind regards from Engelsbrand.
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; July 28th, 2011 at 13:00.
    MANGOWITHICE likes this.

Re: STOWA - Flieger Original - new information

Perhaps most people will not post their private e-mail conversations here and I applaud them for that. And I also give your thumbs-down in the title the thumbs-down
    Last edited by Lencoth; July 28th, 2011 at 13:35.

welll a discount is nice..... and ya, there are many worse merchants who deserved to be exposed... but not them...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoth View Post
    Perhaps most people will not post their private e-mail conversations here and I applaud them for that. And I also give your thumbs-down in the title the thumbs-down
    The email that the OP quoted is no way a "Private e-mail" as you stated. It is a communication from a watch company. Further the OP is well within his rights and not at all unreasonable to be frustrated at having to wait more than two years for a watch. Stowa rightly acknowledges this by offering him a discount on a different model as an apology. I love Stowa. I have one of their watches and am going to order a second one this year. But I don't see any reason why someone can't be annoyed after waiting more than two years for a watch and post his experiences here.
    Watches: Stowa MO, Matte/onion crown, No. 2065; Helson Skindiver, Orange No date, No. 018; Orient Mako Blue Ray. Wish list: Breitling Superocean Heritage 42; PAM 177; Aqua Terra 2500 caliber; Speedy Broad Arrow; AirKing black dial, gold indices; 1960s Seamaster and many more.

"They brought me up to the Brooklyn Dodgers, which at that time was in Brooklyn," Casey Stengel.

Quote Originally Posted by Manolete View Post
    The email that the OP quoted is no way a "Private e-mail" as you stated. It is a communication from a watch company. Further the OP is well within his rights and not at all unreasonable to be frustrated at having to wait more than two years for a watch. Stowa rightly acknowledges this by offering him a discount on a different model as an apology. I love Stowa. I have one of their watches and am going to order a second one this year. But I don't see any reason why someone can't be annoyed after waiting more than two years for a watch and post his experiences here.
    ok u right ... it make sense , .... i failed to read the wait was 2 years...

Stowa have always responded to my emails using my name, not 'Dear Customer' and at least they have admitted they are at fault, but they haven't taken any money yet have they? Yes it's frustrating, but you are getting the watch made by Jorg himself, is that worth the wait? You are also getting a very rare product, is it so important that you have to wait on your watch, it's only a watch afterall, people have waited as long if not longer for cars, there are people dying in this world, I guess i would be frustrated too, but i'd rather that than be one of the unfortunate Norwegians, so you have a few options, wait another few months for a special product, take their offer of a discount (i'd push for a little more than 10% myself, but you will have to wait for that too no doubt) or vote with your feet and walk away.

Good luck whatever you decide.
    Last edited by The Professor; July 28th, 2011 at 14:42. Reason: spelling

The email that the OP quoted is no way a "Private e-mail" as you stated. It is a communication from a watch company
    So anything that I receive from a company in response to an e-mail of mine, is "no way" private? I'm not going to argue with you, but I see this differently.

Dear Mr. Lencoth,

My advice would be not to say anything in private that you would not say in public,you never know who is listening! I also believe that transparency is best for everyone involved!!!!

Now lets talk watches as I respect your opinion!

REN

I would say you waited too long. I would have cut my losses over a year and a half ago. It is understandable that the FO is a nice piece, but if you've been hanging around here much, you will see that the company had other customer committments elsewhere in the world, there was limited supply for a large demand, and the sourcing of movements proved difficult with the recent passing of a technician. Although you may feel that you were led along for quite some time, I say you allowed yourself to sit and wait for so long. If Stowa is offering a discount on your next purchase, I say go for it. I just got my FC and am very happy. This is my second piece. I am sure there will be another offering of an FO, maybe without the modified 6497 but with a Durowe!!!! Airing your frustrations on line isn't considered improper in my opinion, but with Stowa, the company to customer relationship has been a bit more personal in comparison to others and they truly try to make everyone happy.

Hope this helps,
    Meistersinger Monograph
    Momodesign GMT Chrono
    Hamilton X-Wind LE
    Stowa Flieger Baumuster B
    Stowa Flieger Chronograph

Sponsor / Moderator

Hello ,

i know that our new information about the Flieger Original is frustrating.
    But there is no other choice.

I am able to build a few watches per month only, that's our experiencewe made during the last two years.

If I could change this circumstances I would do it.

But the ease I need for this watches is too limited to produce more than a few watches a month.

But of course we do respect if people don't understand this or if people cancel orders.

I can't say more than that, the very complicated production of this movement and the special finish we have needs too much time for me personally.

We do know that this "Flieger Original Story" is far from being satisfactory for our customers.

Only the customers who already have received their watch are happy, the others who are still waiting are frustrated and sad.

To all the frustrated I can only say, think about canceling your order and who knows, maybe in a few years we can come back with a more or less similar watch and you can decide if you want to have it again or not.

Maybe it is the best to close the unhappy "Flieger Original Story".

Anyway, to all who are still waiting I'd like to strengthen that I have utmost respect for their patience and that I will do my very best to produce as much as possible to deliver step by step all pre-ordered Flieger Original.

Best regards

Jörg Schauer
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; July 28th, 2011 at 19:23.
    frank_be likes this.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information