Stowa FO LE for sale on TZ

Thread: Stowa FO LE for sale on TZ

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    44

    Stowa FO LE for sale on TZ

    For those of you interested, there's one posted for sale this morning. Asking a steep price (I think), but it's a full set with saphire back, closed case back and three straps.

    Tempted, but I think I'll continue to wait for the serial....

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    SF Bay Area, California, US
    Posts
    183

    Re: Stowa FO LE for sale on TZ

    Yeah, I think that's a bit steep, but it is an LE edition. He's pricing in the wait time and the novelty of the original LE.

    While that is a nice watch, I think I would spend 2.6k on something else.
    B&R Space 1/Sinn 142 PVD
    Omega Speedy Pro 3570.50
    Oris TT1 200m
    IWC 3717 Pilot Chronograph
    Omega Planet Ocean 42 Orange 2500C
    Sinn U1
    Tudor Heritage Chrono Blue
    Omega Speedmaster DSOTM
    Rolex SD4000 116600

  3. #3
    Member Peter Atwood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Western MA
    Posts
    4,005

    Re: Stowa FO LE for sale on TZ

    That price is certainly....ambitious. If you compare the quality, rarity and history of this watch to many others I think it's probably worth that much. But wow, I wouldn't have had the cajones to ask that much for mine. Probably why I will always lose money on every single watch deal in my entire life. :D
    Rotating on my wrist this month: Stowa Blue WatchTime Flieger, Sinn EZM9, Sinn T1, Sinn 556 Blue, Stowa Antea LE Polish Forums, Stowa Verus 40, Damasko DS30 greenie, Sinn U1, Stowa Antea Klassik KS Rose, Nomos Tangente Silvercut





  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member Capt. Canuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    441

    Re: Stowa FO LE for sale on TZ

    In my opinion, the price is in the correct ballpark.

    The FO LE is the most sought-after Stowa watch of the modern era, and has become an instant classic among Flieger watches. It absolutely should command a premium.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    65

    Re: Stowa FO LE for sale on TZ

    Well it is a lot of money. However, if you have $5000 or more, you could buy a true original WWII Flieger. I saw a dealer listed TWO of these watches on his website recently.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,030

    Re: Stowa FO LE for sale on TZ

    Thanks for the free advertising folks!

    No doubt, the price was ambitious, but I figured that was what it was worth to me, so if someone was willing to jump, great. If not, I love it enough to happily keep it.

    It lasted all of a couple of hours, and sold at asking price, so....

    I'll miss it dearly, but the chance at a really great JLC Dualmatic came up for a fantastic price, and I had to try for it.

    Here's hoping I have no regrets!

    Cheers,
    Daniel

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    440

    Re: Stowa FO LE for sale on TZ

    I wish I had the cash for it, congrats on the sale...I was tempted to post my Pro diver collection to help fund it ....but it appears the market price may have been set...Stowa has always been undervalued for what you get IMO....many of their watches put other watches costing 2-3 times as much to shame....

    JIM

  9. #8
    Member Capt. Canuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    441

    Re: Stowa FO LE for sale on TZ

    Quote Originally Posted by redwatch View Post
    Well it is a lot of money. However, if you have $5000 or more, you could buy a true original WWII Flieger. I saw a dealer listed TWO of these watches on his website recently.
    Yes, but a true original WWII Flieger is 55mm diameter, and not a functional wristwatch...so it's not really an accurate comparison.

    That said, I'd love to own one as well!

  10. #9
    Member Capt. Canuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    441

    Re: Stowa FO LE for sale on TZ

    Quote Originally Posted by expwmbat View Post
    Thanks for the free advertising folks!

    No doubt, the price was ambitious, but I figured that was what it was worth to me, so if someone was willing to jump, great. If not, I love it enough to happily keep it.

    It lasted all of a couple of hours, and sold at asking price, so....

    I'll miss it dearly, but the chance at a really great JLC Dualmatic came up for a fantastic price, and I had to try for it.

    Here's hoping I have no regrets!

    Cheers,
    Daniel
    I must say I was surprised to see you sell yours Daniel.

    Along with one of the Panerai I own, and an oversized vintage Omega, the FO would be the last watch from my collection I would part with.

    That said, I'm pleased for you (and for all current owners that can file that benchmark away for future reference) that you were able to get your asking price.

    I'm also pleased that my assertion above was correct.

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,030

    Re: Stowa FO LE for sale on TZ

    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Canuck View Post
    I must say I was surprised to see you sell yours Daniel.

    Along with one of the Panerai I own, and an oversized vintage Omega, the FO would be the last watch from my collection I would part with.

    That said, I'm pleased for you (and for all current owners that can file that benchmark away for future reference) that you were able to get your asking price.

    I'm also pleased that my assertion above was correct.
    Yeah, I'm a little surprised too, not least since I was really enjoying wearing it at the time that I posted and it sold! I have nothing but superlative accolades for the watch and Stowa in general. It is clearly of exceptional quality, and I wouldn't have parted with it except that it has considerable overlap with my MIH watch (a definite keeper), and I have long liked the Dualmatic. Plus the latter fits better with my overall 3-watch collection.

    You never know, though. I may be on the lookout for another in the future. IMHO there isn't another Flieger-style watch that matches the pure design and execution of the Stowa FO.

    Best to all,
    Daniel

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •