Stowa FO LE vs. Steinhart "Nav B-Uhr REPLICA limited edition"

Thread: Stowa FO LE vs. Steinhart "Nav B-Uhr REPLICA limited edition"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Stowa FO LE vs. Steinhart "Nav B-Uhr REPLICA limited edition"

These two watches seem to be competing head-to-head, at least in terms of what is offered overtly - movement, materials, swan-neck thingy, screw balance, circluar grain finish below the balance, stop second, no logo dial, etc., and they are in the same price range, with the Steinhart a couple hundred euros more.

Does the Steinhart watch deserve the extra dinero, or is it even in the same league with the Stowa FO LE?

I'm really just trying to educate myself in these matters, not trying to antagonize or anything like that.

Thanks!

Mike

Re: Stowa FO LE vs. Steinhart "Nav B-Uhr REPLICA limited edition"

Hmmmmm.

I agree that ostensibly, they both offer the same in terms of what they represent, that being homages to the original lufftwaffe 55mm pilot watches of WW2. However, there is the size difference which is a major determining factor for those considering either watch.

Both watches are beautiful in what they represent. I simply prefer the Steinhart because of it's larger size (which is still smaller than the originals), but I woud happily & probably will get a Stowa F.O, serial version.

Does the Steinhart Nav.B-Uhr L.E REPLICA deserve to be worth more $$? That is a subjective point & completely up to each person & what they are prepared to pay for the privilige to own one. Same can be said of the Stowa F.O ofcourse.

James.

Longines -- Panerai -- Steinhart

stuffler,mike

Boils down to a very personal decision. I´d prefer the Stowa to a PLB.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

As already said: it's a personal thing. The equalities are described (movement and design in general), but at the end it comes down to the differences. For me the important points for the Steinhart were:

- the surface of the Steinhart is nearer to the surface of the original watches. I prefer the matte surface of the Replica more then the brushed of the FO
    - the numbers on the dial of the Replica are nearer to the original
    - the strap of the Replica is high classes better, BOP did a very good job
    - I like the size of the Replica - the FO is too small for me (the most important point of all)

On the other hand I also deal with the cons:

- the crown of the Replica is not my kind of style - I would prefer the round one of the FO, even if the distance tube is also not my style.
    - the strap has 22 mm, which in my eyes could have been larger - p.e. I like the 25 mm on my Lindbergh, which also has 47,5 mm.
    - the SL on the dial and on the hands have a different colour - but you only see this in the dark directly after switching off the light. After a couple of minutes the hands reach the same blueish colour as the dial.
    - the Replica does not fit under a business shirt

But at the end it all comes down to one point: take it, if you can get it - it doesn't matter if it's a Replica or an FO. Because if you look for another way to get that movement, you pay 4 times the money of those watches (p.e. with the Timemaster). If I would have had the opportunity to get the FO, I would now look for the pros of the Stowa

Both the Stowa FO LE and Steinhart Replica LE are equally appealling to me.

Stowa FO to go with long sleeves shirt on working days, and Steinhart to go with T-shirts on weekends, in my constantly sunny and humid island.

I now own a steinhart replica because I only discovered the FO after all of you have preordered yours 1.5 years ago. I am still looking out for the FO LE in the sales forum.

I am full of excuses and justifications. Just want to own both and do not need to compare.....lol

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    I´d prefer the Stowa to a PLB.
    Sorry ... just back from the dentist and still full of anaesthetic ... what is "PLB"?

I quit my place on the Steinhart list because:
    - Stowa is an OEM which adds to the value of the watch for me
    - the engraving on the side
    - the option of a massive caseback
    - the hands on the Steinhart are too wide - they are more like Sinn NaBo hands
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

Hi,

Crusader pointed it out. Exactly what I`m thinking.
    But the Steinhart is no bad choice at all, but all in all I consider the
    FO a bit mor true to the original.

Greetings

Frank

Thanks to everyone for their thoughtful responses!

The answer that I'm getting is basically that the "quality" of the two watches is pretty close and that the Steinhart isn't grossly overpriced.

I'm excited by the fact that I know what "PLB" means - Private Label Brand, which of course I learned from Mr. Stuffler. Stowa has a big advantage for me in the fact that the Stowa is actually built by Stowa employees and that Jorg Schauer does a certain amount of work and quality assurance on each watch.

Mike

Mike

stuffler,mike

PLB = Private Label Brand

Thanks, Mike & Mike.
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information